Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to use up VX travel bank?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA G
I have residual value in a cancelled ticket (it's not in my travel bank). Will this credit automatically move to the travel bank? How can I use this residual value after 1/1/2018? Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well it seems Travel Bank can be converted to AS:

You can now convert your Travel Bank credit to an Alaska Airlines credit certificate and use it on flights anywhere Alaska and Virgin America fly. To convert your Travel Bank credits or for more information, visit www.alaskaair.com/convert-travel-bank.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:59 pm

That page errors out even though I put in my correct Virgin credentials..
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AS
Just entered my VX # then password. AS returned page with my VX travel bank value and indicated that they will send email with credit certificate to be entered, by me, to my Wallet AS account. Email came right in , two seconds later. Sweet!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by pcoll
Just entered my VX # then password. AS returned page with my VX travel bank value and indicated that they will send email with credit certificate to be entered, by me, to my Wallet AS account. Email came right in , two seconds later. Sweet!
Just did the same for my credit. ^
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Just did the same for my credit. ^
Meant to add, 3 minutes later I had the codes in my inbox of my email.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Converted Travel Bank to Alaska today. Quick & easy. ^ Looks like the expiration of the Alaska gift certificate is set to the last deposit into Travel Bank rather than the conversion date.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I just had an unpleasant but not worth the trouble to follow up issue with the VX travel bank. The transfer was quick and easy. But the bank (only $11 and change) originated because of a canceled VX award, and the taxes should have been refunded, but no biggie - I figured I'd use the funds at some point. But it then didn't make sense for me to book through VX after a certain point. Anyway, I contacted the MP, explained that the funds should have been refunded in the first place. But now, they expire in a few weeks. AS told me to pound sand, politely of course, and reminded me that I still have time to use the funds. I'm not making this a battle over $11, but am sorely disappointed in the "VX did it,, not our problem" implication in the reply. So, AS is keeping PFC money for flights never taken. Yay.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
@Eastbay1K: Have you considered using the funds to cover fees on an award booking (I presume that's doable and that you have a balance to speak of)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.