Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overbooked flight - how not get bumped?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Overbooked flight - how not get bumped?

Tried to check in online for my 7AM JFK-LAX flight tomorrow.
2 different PNRs for 4 pax, neither one allowing me to checkin.
Seat selections weren't allowed at booking, now I can select 14E and 25E for all 4 of us.
I can kind of handle 5 hrs in in the middle seat if I'm by myself...but I don't know if I can share it with my wife or teenage kids..
Are all 4 us booked to these 2 seats?
Is the flight that oversold?

I have no interest in getting bumped for compensation or vouchers or anything like that. We're only going to LA for 3 days, so I don't want to lose even an hour from the trip.
What is the best way to ensure we will be on the plane when it takes off?

Given that there hourly flights to LA, and this one is the first one of the day, there will be someone whose time is not so valuable as to refuse a voucher, and will likely give up his seat for us...but still....is there anything we can do?

I hate traveling in the US. I'll take bush planes landing on airstrips over US3.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:14 pm

Give them a call at (877) 359-8474, and ask for help. Their call center isn't what it used to be, but maybe they can be of assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.