FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   Transfer time for miles VX to AS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1839126-transfer-time-miles-vx.html)

caseminole Apr 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Transfer time for miles VX to AS

I did an online transfer almost 4 hours ago.

I figured it would be instant.

Now wondering if i made a mistake

jimmygottfredson Apr 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Since you'll also have status with Alaska I would call and explain your situation and ask for assistance. They are usually really helpful and as of to date they have not left me in a bad spot.

jimmygottfredson Apr 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Also, if you plan on making a couple other transcons - I would juice the account with some additional miles if you have the balance.

I can't remember how long my transfer took, but I don't remember it being that long.

sfozrhfco Apr 26, 2017 7:52 pm

I've only done one transfer for a co-worker and the miles posted within 5 minutes. Haven't tried it myself as my points with both VX and AS are now all used up on future bookings.

Other people did have problems when the names didn't match exactly on both accounts. I also had a duplicate MileagePlan account set up by Alaska in the status transition and had to call to get the two accounts merged. You should call if they haven't posted as there is either a glitch or there is something wrong with your MileagePlan account.

caseminole Apr 27, 2017 11:17 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco (Post 28234459)
I've only done one transfer for a co-worker and the miles posted within 5 minutes. Haven't tried it myself as my points with both VX and AS are now all used up on future bookings.

Other people did have problems when the names didn't match exactly on both accounts. I also had a duplicate MileagePlan account set up by Alaska in the status transition and had to call to get the two accounts merged. You should call if they haven't posted as there is either a glitch or there is something wrong with your MileagePlan account.

when was that by the way?

Today I confirmed with MP that the transfer will take "3 to 5 business days" because the transfers are handled by a 3rd party vendor.

I'm MP and Elevate Gold.

hard to believe this is true.

The MP rep tried to help me, even to see about booking the reservation and holding it even though i dont have enough MP points available, but couldnt.

MP customer service was good, but they couldnt resolve my problem

jimmygottfredson Apr 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 28237100)
when was that by the way?

Today I confirmed with MP that the transfer will take "3 to 5 business days" because the transfers are handled by a 3rd party vendor.

I'm MP and Elevate Gold.

hard to believe this is true.

The MP rep tried to help me, even to see about booking the reservation and holding it even though i dont have enough MP points available, but couldnt.

MP customer service was good, but they couldnt resolve my problem

caseminole, after seeing your last message I went on onto my account and did a small transfer. 350VX points to 455 Alaska Airline miles.

All times PDT

1:53pm: requested the transfer
1:56pm: received and email from Alaska Airlines mileage plan stating my request was in progress and would be available soon
2:00pm: received email from Alaska Airlines mileage plan that transfer had processed

I logged into my mileage plan and the points had been converted and were deposited into my account. So literally 7 minutes for everything.

Did you receive and email stating the request was in progress?

3-5 days just sounds wrong compared to this experience in the last 1/2 hour. I would call back again, Mileage Plan, and explain transfers are taking less than 10 minutes and for which ever reason your accounts are not linked. Ask for a supervision who knows about this issue.

caseminole Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson (Post 28238169)
caseminole, after seeing your last message I went on onto my account and did a small transfer. 350VX points to 455 Alaska Airline miles.

All times PDT

1:53pm: requested the transfer
1:56pm: received and email from Alaska Airlines mileage plan stating my request was in progress and would be available soon
2:00pm: received email from Alaska Airlines mileage plan that transfer had processed

I logged into my mileage plan and the points had been converted and were deposited into my account. So literally 7 minutes for everything.

Did you receive and email stating the request was in progress?

3-5 days just sounds wrong compared to this experience in the last 1/2 hour. I would call back again, Mileage Plan, and explain transfers are taking less than 10 minutes and for which ever reason your accounts are not linked. Ask for a supervision who knows about this issue.

*sigh*

Thanks for this! Something just didnt add up, and my hunch turned out to be correct.

My last name on VX is YOUNG JR

My last name on AS is YOUNG with JR as the suffix.

So the last name isnt matching.

You can address that issue on the transfer form, which i will do once this 2nd attempt fails

Toshbaf Apr 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Mine was 2-3 minutes but everything has to be right, such as the same email address in both accounts.