Wiki Posts
Search

In-flight Seat Change

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
In-flight Seat Change

Am booked LAX-MCO 19May originally through AS operated by VX in Main Cabin.

At the seat selection option, only middle seats were left. However, when I look on the VX website, both window and aisle seats next to me are available for an additional fee.

Can I skip the fee and just slide over once the plane door closes? Or will the VX flight attendant charge me in-flight? Or, should I just ask at the gate and will they charge me then?
Old May 8, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Alaskaair.com will only show you "free" seats.

I fly between MCO and LAX a lot - these flights fill up. You can also get the 1st exit row for cheap compared to MCS. If you have status on Alaska, give them a call to see if you can get a better seat. Its a long wait on hold, but its worth it.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:11 pm

In the same row? If there are empty seats no-one will bat an eye if you shift one to the left or one to the right. If you move rows, they'll probably ask you to move back.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:34 pm

Those paid seats become free 24 hours from departure.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by anothertraveller12
Those paid seats become free 24 hours from departure.
Excluding MCS.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:57 am

Yeah, and excluding first... MCS is a different class - OP was clearly asking about the paid seating selection in regular main cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.