Alaska First vs. VX First SEA-LAX

Old Apr 3, 17, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Alaska First vs. VX First SEA-LAX

Hello, so I have a flight that's leaving from SEA to LAX to JFK in F -

My options to get out of SEA - LAX are:
1. Flying with Alaska airlines First class
2. Flying with VX First class

Which one is considered better product of the two? I'll fly VX from LAX to JFK for sure, but for 2 and half hour from SEA - LAX, I am not sure if I should be picky. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old Apr 3, 17, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
VX. Not even close.

VX - PDB almost a certainty. Seats are much more spacious. Decent IFE system. After the meal, a snack basket out (in the galley, passed around at some point). F lav enforced, unless there's a cart in the main cabin aisle.

Also, if traveling prior to the terminal switch, you won't want to have to change terminals and go through security again.
Old Apr 3, 17, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
VX. Not even close.

VX - PDB almost a certainty. Seats are much more spacious. Decent IFE system. After the meal, a snack basket out (in the galley, passed around at some point). F lav enforced, unless there's a cart in the main cabin aisle.

Also, if traveling prior to the terminal switch, you won't want to have to change terminals and go through security again.
Could you be specific on this one?
"Also, if traveling prior to the terminal switch, you won't want to have to change terminals and go through security again."
We'll be flying after May 10, so what does that mean to us if we pick one airline over the other?
Old Apr 3, 17, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Just realized that our first leg from Boise to Seattle, it only has 50 mins lay over if we were to pick VX - I am afraid not enough time to do transfer given VX is Gate D and Alaska is different gate.
Old Apr 3, 17, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by flybie View Post
Just realized that our first leg from Boise to Seattle, it only has 50 mins lay over if we were to pick VX - I am afraid not enough time to do transfer given VX is Gate D and Alaska is different gate.
Not particularly unless you are a slow walker/ need extra assistance. 50 minutes is pretty reasonable at SEA. There's a reasonable chance you'd come in in adjoining C gates, and even N is a fairly short transfer to D. All gates at SEA are connected behind security.

PS: Alaska uses some of the D gates as well.

Search this Thread