Lounge in lax for vx F?

Old Apr 1, 17, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Lounge in lax for vx F?

What lounge in lax can vx first class passenger use in lax besides the virgin America loft? Not my favorite lounge.

i also have priority pass for other lounges.
Old Apr 2, 17, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by flybie View Post
What lounge in lax can vx first class passenger use in lax besides the virgin America loft? Not my favorite lounge.

i also have priority pass for other lounges.
VX or starting May 10th the Alaska Lounge (since Loft is closing due to the terminal move). Technically both can be entered with priority pass but see thread on AS forum about PP members denied entry to Alaska lounge
Old Apr 2, 17, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Oh those are not good lounges.
Old Apr 2, 17, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by flybie View Post
Oh those are not good lounges.
Those are your only options with VX F and PP membership.
Normally, Loft access only if transcon on VX F ticket. With PP, VX F boarding pass will be admitted to Loft.
As stated, After May 16th (or so) admittance into AS Lounge (T-6) will be automatic with VX F boarding pass (no PP needed) so restrictions with PP do not apply.
Old Apr 3, 17, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Isn't the loft's food not free? If I remember correctly. Also, I think it's after May 10th not 16. Our flight will be after May 10. Therefore, which terminal the VX will be flying out from LAX to JFK? Do we have to take or walk to T6 to access AS Lounge?
Old Apr 3, 17, 10:50 am

On May 13th, VX is supposed to move to T6, same as Alaska and their lounge.
Old Apr 4, 17, 8:23 pm

See post #17 on
LAX Terminal Move Thread
This is the latest news to be released on move.
Old Apr 7, 17, 1:28 pm

May 14th, has been reported by PP to its card holders.
We fly out of LAX on VX F on May 17th.
I guess it will be interesting how crowded the AS Lounge has become with consolidation of lounges.
At least we will be admitted to AS Lounge without issue due to F boarding passes on VX now honored for admittance.
Will update
Old Apr 15, 17, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL Silver, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Related question. After the T6 move, are LAX-HNL flights in paid F considered "long haul" for complimentary access to the AS lounge?

If yes, can we bring a guest?

Last edited by Oakshadow; Apr 15, 17 at 12:09 pm
Old Apr 15, 17, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by Oakshadow View Post
Related question. After the T6 move, are LAX-HNL flights in paid F considered "long haul" for complimentary access to the AS lounge?
https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/fl...vx-lounges/lax
Old Apr 16, 17, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
I read that before I posted and it brought up more questions than answers. It's mostly about the LAX Loft and only a tiny percentage applies to the AS Lounge.
There's no "All of the the Loft rules also applies to the Alaska Lounge" clause.

For example...
"Complimentary Loft access is available to Virgin America guests who've purchased First Class long-haul tickets on Virgin America, as well as to Elevate Gold members.”
It doesn't define what "long haul" is. Is LAX-HNL "long haul"? This isn't an unreasonable question when DL labels LAX-JFK as "transcontinental" for service/amenities purposes while the longer LAX-BOS isn't.

This phrase also could use more info...
"All guests must present their Virgin America Loft day pass and a valid boarding pass for same-day travel upon entry.
Where do you get this day pass? I'm sure a DA will issue you one, but if you're not checking bags and using an OLCI, it doesn't make clear were this "must present" pass comes from. And, again, does this pass of some kind apply to the Alaska Lounge?

In one of the few Alaska Lounge stated rules sections, it states,
"FREE — Complimentary for First Class guests Elevate Gold members and reduced companion access ($15 for Gold and $45 for First Class) to the Alaska Airlines Lounge in T6 through 2017. Get directly at the Lounge on day of travel."
The lack of a comma between "First Class guests" and "Elevate Gold" is not my typo. It's how it's written on that VX page. Do you have to be in FC and an Elevate Gold to get free access? Additionally it omits the word "long haul." Does this mean even if you're not on a "long haul" VX flight, you get access to the AS Lounge as long as you're in VX FC?
Okay, it appears companions of FC pax aren't comped access, but it claims that FC pax get "reduced companion access" for $45. But the non-reduced rate is $45. Why are they claiming $45 is a reduced rate?

Last edited by Oakshadow; Apr 17, 17 at 2:21 pm
Old Apr 16, 17, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
I read that before I posted and it brought up more questions than answers. It's mostly about the LAX Loft and only a tiny percentage applies to the AS Lounge.
Historically, Alaska Airlines allows for Alaska Lounge access for ALL paid F passengers.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...nfo-firstClass

Enjoy free Alaska Lounge access with a purchased First Class ticket.
This is now unique among US-based airlines with the VX merger.

Awards count as "paid". Upgrades do not.

My guess is AS isn't going to weasel out on VX lounge access for Hawaii by not calling a 2400 mile flight "long haul", given that they give lounge access for everyone on a paid AS F ticket (including non-longhaul).

My guess on your other question is that VX Gold gets the discount, F does not.

If you're not satisfied with guesses from FTers, I suppose you could call AS Customer Care and tell them the website copy is sloppy. There is also an AS employee/FT moderator (missydarlin) who takes questions from FT members in the AS forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ons-missy.html

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 17, 17 at 12:01 am
Old Apr 17, 17, 7:28 pm

We flew VX on April 12.
SEA / LAX / Paid F
We were admitted into SEA AS Lounge with F boarding passes.
At first they hesitated, then they remembered that they now admit VX F into lounge. 😃
Old Apr 18, 17, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by pcoll View Post
We flew VX on April 12.
SEA / LAX / Paid F
We were admitted into SEA AS Lounge with F boarding passes.
At first they hesitated, then they remembered that they now admit VX F into lounge. 😃
That's good to know. Hopefully the LAX AS Lounge dragons will yield to the same credentials.
Old Apr 18, 17, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
That's good to know. Hopefully the LAX AS Lounge dragons will yield to the same credentials.
No need to call them dragons ... they generally aren't known for fire shooting out of their mouths.

Search this Thread