Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX adding SFO-MSY, KOA, RDU, BNA and others

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Saw this on the jetset:

http://thejetset.tv/2017/03/22/exclu...rlines-expect/

◾The new company’s name will remain Alaska Airlines
◾Virgin America planes will increase 8 first class seats to 12, though it’ll be a new seat
◾Rumor is the new seat may not be motorized
◾The seat pitch in first class will decrease from 55″ to 41″
◾The leases on the Airbus aircraft don’t expire until 2020, so expect to see the VX planes until such time
◾Fleetwide new cabin interiors are planned, it seems to be “moodlighting” is the surviving aspect of Virgin America
◾In 2019 the Virgin America brand will vanish, and new uniforms will be unveiled
◾The RED InFlight Entertainment system and on-demand ordering will probably be removed and replaced with personal entertainment devices
◾Also in 2019 operations at SFO will combine in Terminal 2, and American Airlines will move to Terminal 1

I have no idea if true or not. Interesting news nonetheless.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...e-people-love/

That's as official as it gets. Wow, no lie-flats, not doing a premium fleet. I wonder how that is gonna work on California-NYC. With B6 in the market and doing a premium product, it feels like a bet the company moment where that could backfire...
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

That's as official as it gets. Wow, no lie-flats, not doing a premium fleet. I wonder how that is gonna work on California-NYC. With B6 in the market and doing a premium product, it feels like a bet the company moment where that could backfire...
My immediate reaction is strongly negative. Everyone else has upgraded their premium product. Alaska downgrades the Virgin legacy routes. Counter-programming can work in broadcasting when you simply want a share of the market, so maybe it'll work here. But I'm less than thrilled about losing 14 inches of pitch and all that goes with it on the transcons.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

Disappointed as well. Current VX F is as low a product I want to use on a transcon flight. American, Delta, B6 and United all have an advantage here. It's like Alaska doesn't want to compete in the majors. The more I think about it I'm going from a little disappointed to very disappointed.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat-2MM, Marriott Plat, former VX Gold forever
Originally Posted by HomerJay
My immediate reaction is strongly negative. Everyone else has upgraded their premium product. Alaska downgrades the Virgin legacy routes. Counter-programming can work in broadcasting when you simply want a share of the market, so maybe it'll work here. But I'm less than thrilled about losing 14 inches of pitch and all that goes with it on the transcons.
+1
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
I really wish there was another airline with an SFO hub besides United . . . . I'd certainly switch to B6 or Delta if I could.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.