Wiki Posts
Search

Selling Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America
Selling Miles?

I have a lot of Virgin points that I'm not sure I'll use, and I dont know if I feel like dealing with transferring to Alaska.

Has anybody ever tried selling their points on flyer-miles.com? Is it legit?

EDIT - Nevermind, I called them to see what they'd give me. 33,000 virgin points = $360. About half of what they're really worth. They were offering me about 1/3 of what my 62,000 JetBlue points are worth.

Last edited by skron; Feb 13, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:14 pm

If they're charging the same price that Points.com charges for them, i don't see an issue. It isn't free but it is allowed.

Last edited by cringle; Feb 14, 2017 at 7:31 am
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skron
I have a lot of Virgin points that I'm not sure I'll use, and I don't know if I feel like dealing with transferring to Alaska.

Has anybody ever tried selling their points on flyer-miles.com? Is it legit?
All frequent flyer program prohibit the selling of (your) miles/points to others for cash. A sure way to get your ff account cancelled
Mileage/Award Ticket Brokers: Are they legit? [consolidated]

A minority of ffp's allow you to transfer ff miles to other people, usually for a hefty cash fee

Some time the VX ffp will roll into the AS ffp, irrespective if like it or not
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:31 am

Pretty sure they wouldn't know and wouldn't care because you're paying to transfer them to another member, something not only allowed but encouraged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.