Alaska now shows VX flights but there is a discrepancy

Old Dec 19, 16, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Post Alaska now shows VX flights but there is a discrepancy

Today I was checking on how many miles I would accrue for a NYC-SFO flight on AS site. I noticed that it was showing VX fares so I was happy that they are letting choose flights. As I about to how many miles I accrue, I noticed AS didn't show MCS seats. Only MC & F.

So I still went ahead and selected to what the price difference is. For same flights I would pay 451.20 on VX site ( being that I achieved Silver I was able to select MC preferred seats for free) and the same flight on AS costs me 531.20 without the preferred seat selection. I am not sure why this may be happening but just thought people like to know
Old Dec 19, 16, 7:29 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Interesting. FWIW on ITA Matrix I've seen plenty of cases of a codeshare flight showing substantially different prices for the same flight as part of the same itinerary (e.g. YUL-NYC on United and Air Canada), so this isn't a deep shocker...but it's still a bit of a surprise.
Old Dec 20, 16, 12:48 am

AA/US had this quite a bit during their merger, nothing new, really.
Old Dec 21, 16, 5:29 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Watch as well if you are taking connecting flights when one flight is operated by AS and the other by VX as in both LAX and SFO, the two carriers are nowhere near each other. Some of the connections are as little as 25 minutes. Good luck getting all the way across the airport and catching that other flight.
Old Dec 23, 16, 4:45 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
Watch as well if you are taking connecting flights when one flight is operated by AS and the other by VX as in both LAX and SFO, the two carriers are nowhere near each other. Some of the connections are as little as 25 minutes. Good luck getting all the way across the airport and catching that other flight.
The LAX situation as improved a bit with an airside transfer bus running between T3 and T6 from 8am-8pm departing every 30 min.

Search this Thread