Upgrading partial itinerary

Old Oct 12, 16, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Upgrading partial itinerary

I have 3 seats booked in MCS, one of which is an extra seat that I like to keep empty. When the 6 hour window comes, I'd like to upgrade 2 of them to first class if available and leave the 3rd MCS seat empty (no need for an empty seat in first as the rows are only 2 seats).

Is this possible to upgrade only 2 of 3 seats in an itinerary to first or must the entire itinerary be upgraded?

Last edited by Stewart715; Oct 12, 16 at 3:46 pm
Old Oct 13, 16, 6:51 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Stewart715 View Post
I have 3 seats booked in MCS, one of which is an extra seat that I like to keep empty. When the 6 hour window comes, I'd like to upgrade 2 of them to first class if available and leave the 3rd MCS seat empty (no need for an empty seat in first as the rows are only 2 seats).

Is this possible to upgrade only 2 of 3 seats in an itinerary to first or must the entire itinerary be upgraded?
I am pretty sure there is a check box to choose which one you are upgrading. If that fails just call at the upgrade window and have them split the record.
Old Oct 14, 16, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
How are you intending to 'board' that third seat? If it doesn't board, it could be filled by a standby.

Search this Thread