Virgin Club at SFO

Old Aug 12, 16, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America
Virgin Club at SFO

I was having trouble finding this answer online.

I am Elevate Silver, what is the price to get into the Virgin club at SFO? Also can I bring someone else in who is not an elevate member?
Old Aug 12, 16, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
$40 regardless of status. It's in the International Terminal open from roughly 2-8 (except Fridays when it's 2-5).

Yes, you can bring someone who is not an elevate status member. Technically any people you bring need to be elevate members (Red is OK for SFO) but I doubt it's enforced in practice.
Old Aug 12, 16, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America
Originally Posted by RedwoodA320 View Post
$40 regardless of status. It's in the International Terminal open from roughly 2-8 (except Fridays when it's 2-5).

Yes, you can bring someone who is not an elevate status member. Technically any people you bring need to be elevate members (Red is OK for SFO) but I doubt it's enforced in practice.
So, I had the option upon check out when I was purchasing a flight yesterday, to buy a club pass for $15.00. I declined thinking I could get that later, did I mess up or can I still find that somewhere?
Old Aug 12, 16, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by skron View Post
So, I had the option upon check out when I was purchasing a flight yesterday, to buy a club pass for $15.00. I declined thinking I could get that later, did I mess up or can I still find that somewhere?
At checkout? Or at checkin?

You can always buy it at the airport.

If it was $15 and you are silver, the offer was for the LAX Loft (not the SFO Clubhouse).
Old Aug 16, 16, 12:51 pm

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
Originally Posted by RedwoodA320 View Post

...and remember the Virgin Club at SFO is in a different location than the VX gates. The AA Club at SFO is one of the best in their system, but you might be happier at Vino Volo.
Old Aug 16, 16, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, UA Silver, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by skron View Post
I was having trouble finding this answer online.

I am Elevate Silver, what is the price to get into the Virgin club at SFO? Also can I bring someone else in who is not an elevate member?
To be clear: the "virgin club" at SFO is a Virgin ATLANTIC clubhouse, in the international terminal. To use it, you would need to go through security at that terminal, then later leave that terminal, make your way over to T2, and go through security again. Not something that makes sense unless you have a ton of time.
Old Aug 16, 16, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, B6 Mosaic, VX Silver
Originally Posted by shza View Post
To be clear: the "virgin club" at SFO is a Virgin ATLANTIC clubhouse, in the international terminal. To use it, you would need to go through security at that terminal, then later leave that terminal, make your way over to T2, and go through security again. Not something that makes sense unless you have a ton of time.
The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse is pre-security on the "A" side of the International Terminal. It is an excellent lounge with servers and food/drinks to order. However, it is a schlep (and a checkpoint away) from the VX gates. I highly recommend it if you have the time to spare and are willing to pay the price.
Old Aug 16, 16, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HockeyPoser View Post
The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse is pre-security on the "A" side of the International Terminal. It is an excellent lounge with servers and food/drinks to order. However, it is a schlep (and a checkpoint away) from the VX gates. I highly recommend it if you have the time to spare and are willing to pay the price.
One person's schlep is another person's 10 minute pre-flight exercise.

Note that people who do this should take a look at the security checkpoint for DL (T1 pier C - gates in the 40s) and if the line is very short, use that checkpoint and then head to the left to get to the VX (T2) gates. If the lines seem long, just head over to T2.
Old Aug 16, 16, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm VS Gold and VX Gold ... but I'm guessing that doesn't get me into the VS lounge at SFO free of charge when flying VX, does it?
Old Aug 16, 16, 9:31 pm
Suspended

JohnnyP: officially, no.
Old Aug 17, 16, 9:02 pm

Programs: DLSL, MVP75K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
The AA Club at SFO is one of the best in their system, but you might be happier at Vino Volo.
Used the AA club at SFO for the first time in July on a VX flight - and was very pleasantly surprised. This will be my go to when traveling out of SFO.

FWIW - I was also mildly disappointed with the Loft when going out of LAX (same itinerary).
Old Aug 17, 16, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson View Post
Used the AA club at SFO for the first time in July on a VX flight - and was very pleasantly surprised. This will be my go to when traveling out of SFO.

FWIW - I was also mildly disappointed with the Loft when going out of LAX (same itinerary).
As I don't have AA lounge privileges, if I've got time (and I've got precheck), I head over to the AX lounge in T3.
Old Aug 20, 16, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson View Post

How did you use AA lounge? Just nosy... I'm tempted but can't decide if it's worth it as we are 3.
Old Aug 20, 16, 11:48 pm

Programs: DLSL, MVP75K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gaobest View Post
How did you use AA lounge? Just nosy... I'm tempted but can't decide if it's worth it as we are 3.
I use the Citibank Executive card which gives Admirals Club membership. Frankly it's expensive, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the card but since it also gives other cardholders Admirals Club access (as well as primary) I do find value in the card. That might work out for you in getting cardholders for the other 2 in your group (if that makes sense).

The Admirals Club is the only lounge in terminal 2, so when flying VX it works out. As I stated before it's one of the better Admiral Club locations I have visited.
Old Aug 20, 16, 11:52 pm

We have lounge access via our AA credit card. Since we live in SF, it's worked out well since AA is our default carrier where VX doesn't fly.

That said - if reentering security isn't an issue and if the cost for each lounge was equivalent, I'd certainly choose the Virgin Atlantic lounge. The Admiral's Club in SFO T2 is very nice, but the offerings (in food alone) are inferior to the VS lounge.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: