Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
FC menu September

When does the new menu come out?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
September 16, 2016
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by RedwoodA320
September 16, 2016
thanks, we'll miss it by a day.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:21 pm

Fall 2016 Westbound (Non-Premium)

October 2016
Virgin America First Class
Westbound

Breakfast
Entrées
Breakfast is served with a flaky buttery croissant.
(Contains wheat and dairy)

Poblano and Bacon Sandwich
Cage free fried egg, crisp applewood bacon, roasted poblano pepper, Monterey jack cheese, pickled red onions, and sautéed spinach on a Teiera roll. Served with a roasted tomato wedge
(Contains dairy, wheat, egg and pork)
Or
Poached Egg Shakshuka
Poached cage free eggs, sautéed Tuscan kale, and a savory tomato and bell pepper shakshuksa sauce seasoned with garlic, cumin, and cilantro. Garnished with crumbled feta cheese
(Contains eggs and optional dairy)

Hot entrées are served with a fruit salad of fresh orange and grapefruit segments, honey whipped mascarpone cheese, toasted Marcona almonds and fresh mint
(Contains dairy and nuts)

Mid Flight Snack
Muhamamara Dip with Pita
Roasted pepper, walnuts, pomegranate molasses and paprika, served with mini pitas for dipping
(Contains sugar, nuts and wheat)

Lunch & Dinner
Flights over four hours

Persian Salad
Mesclun lettuce, Persian cucumbers, orange, lime, and grapefruit segments, crumbled goat cheese and toasted pecans, lemon Dijon vinaigrette

Flights four hours and under
Simple Salad
Mesclun mix with chives chervil and basil leaf with cherry tomatoes. Served with balsamic olive oil dressing.

Lunch and Dinner are served with a Multigrain Roll

Entrées
Persian Chicken Thigh with Rice
Roasted chicken thigh rubbed with Persian spices (coriander, cinnamon, clove, cumin, cardamom, and nutmeg). Served with cherry-apricot basmati rice, roasted tomatoes and zucchini, and cucumber yogurt dill sauce.
Garnished with fresh basil, cilantro, and toasted almonds and pistachios.
(Contains poultry, optional nuts and optional dairy)

Or
Kabocha Coconut Curry
Vegetarian red Thai curry with kabocha squash, fresh pineapple, coconut milk, and lime juice.
Served with cilantro jasmine rice, fresh mint, and Thai basil.

Dessert
Brown Butter Pear Tart
Crisp buttery tart shell filled with pears sautéed in brown butter on top of creamery vanilla cream, and topped with brown sugar streusel topping
Contains dairy, wheat, and sugar

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites
Nibble on a spread of delectable Dean & Deluca snacks throughout the flight

Last edited by Carfield; Nov 13, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:47 pm

Eastbound

October 2016
Eastbound

Breakfast
Entrées

Poached Egg and Polenta Bowl
Poached cage free eggs served over creamy parmesan polenta with herbs. Accompanied by a grilled chicken sage sausage, sautéed Swiss chard, and slow-cooked tomato confit.. Garnished with parmesan cheese
(Contains eggs and optional poultry and dairy)
Or
Poblano and Portabello Breakfast Sandwich
Cage free fried egg, crisp portabello mushrooms, roasted poblano pepper, Monterey jack cheese, pickled red onions, and sautéed spinach on a Teiera roll. Served with a roasted tomato wedge
(Contains dairy, wheat, and egg)

Hot entrées are served with a fruit salad of fresh figs, honey grilled pears, red grapes, persimmon wedges, sliced Asian pear, and toasted pumpkin seeds topped with a spiced apple cider syrup
(Contains sugar and seeds)

Lunch & Dinner
Flights over four hours

Arugula Salad
Arugula salad with red grapes, roasted yellow tomato, pistachios, shaved pecorino cheese, and saba vinaigrette
Contains optional nuts and dairy

Flights four hours and under
Simple Salad
Mesclun mix with chives, chervil, basil leaves, and cherry tomatoes. Served with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

Contains wheat

Entrées
Filet Mignon with Broccolini
Grilled fillet of beef served with red beans and rice, roasted grape tomatoes, blanched broccolini, and a chili-cumin demi glace sauce. Garnished with fresh cilantro and crumbled cotija cheese
(Contains beef and optional dairy)

Or
Herbed Quinoa with Roasted Beets
Golden quinoa mixed with harissa paste and herbs.
Served with roasted marinated golden beets, spiced green lentils, charred romanesco broccoli, sautéed Swiss chard, and honey-sumac vinaigrette. Topped with crumbled feta cheese
(Contains dairy, wheat, and sugar)

Dessert
Sea Salt Chocolate Brownie By Sweet Lady Jane
Dark chocolate brownie topped with a touch of crunchy sea salt crystals

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

Last edited by Carfield; Nov 13, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:42 am

VX Dallas Eastbound Fall 2016

October 2016
Dallas Eastbound

Breakfast
Entrées

Cage free fried egg, crisp applewood bacon, roasted poblano pepper, Monterey jack cheese, pickled red onions, and sautéed spinach on a Teiera roll. Served with a roasted tomato wedge
Or
Poached Egg Shakshuka
Poached cage free eggs, sautéed Tuscan kale, and a savory tomato and bell pepper shakshuksa sauce seasoned with garlic, cumin, and cilantro. Garnished with crumbled feta cheese

Hot entrées are served with a fruit salad of fresh orange and grapefruit segments, honey whipped mascarpone cheese, toasted Marcona almonds and fresh mint

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Simple Salad
Mesclun mix with chives, chervil, basil leaves and cherry tomatoes. Served with olive oil and balsamic dressing.

Contains wheat

Entrées
Arroz Con Pollo
Chicken thigh braised in white wine, beer, annatto seeds, saffron, cumin, sofrito, and garlic.
Served with yellow rice, fried plantains, pickled red onions, cilantro, and a spicy Cuban mojo sauce
(Contains poultry)

Or
Savory Farro with Roasted Root Vegetables
Farro cooked in an herbed vegetable stock, served with roasted marinated beets and baby turnips, sautéed mustard greens, persimmons, and Lebanese labneh whipped with citrus zest. Garnished with toasted pistachios.
(Contains optional dairy and nuts)

Dessert
Brown Butter Pear Tart
Crisp buttery tart shell filled with pears sautéed in brown butter on top of creamery vanilla cream, and topped with brown sugar streusel topping

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

PS. I am on VX 766 DAL to LGA
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:33 pm

Fall 2016
Dallas Westbound

Breakfast
Entrées

Or
Poached Egg Shakshuka

Lunch & Dinner

Simple Salad
Mesclun mix with chives, chervil, basil leaves and cherry tomatoes. Served with balsamic olive oil dressing.

Contains wheat

Entrées
Korean Dak Dori Tang Chicken
Sweet and spicy Korean chicken thigh braised in soy sauce, gochujang, honey, garlic and ginger. Served with slow cooked carrots, potatoes, and onions, and jasmine and black rice mix. Garnished with scallions and sesame soy sauce
(Contains poultry, soy)

Or
Quinoa Vegetable Bowl
Tricolored quinoa served with sautéed shiitake mushrooms, roasted rainbow carrots, roasted acorn squash with garam masala, and sweet potatoes. Garnished with a yellow tomato coulis.

Dessert
Brown Butter Pear Tart

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

PS I am on VX 765 from La Guardia to Dallas!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Thanks! They all look great. Flying SFO/ord round trip during these next couple weeks.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For SFO-ord, it was steak, turkey sandwich, or quinoa. I had the steak and loved it. The salad and brownie were also good - the brownie was huge and phenomenal. Yum!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ps no printed menu - the FA has to describe choices to pax. Snacks weren't distributed and had to be requested. I got cookies but forgot to request chips or popcorn.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
What would it take for VX to publish their current F transcon menus on the VX site?

Also, had I known the recent breakfast sandwich in F transcon LAXJFK would be the only option aside from a yogurt meal, I would have switched to B6 Mint or AA instead. There are better offerings in coach.

I'm grateful for pax who share here, but would be nice to have a focus on F product amenities and menus directly from VX.

Also, why did VX bail on offering a F transcon amenity bag/pouch? My last 3 flights there were none and FA says they are gone while being redesigned.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My 11/30 flight ord>SFO had a printed menu. Persian chicken was ace. Snacks were good but I think they ran out of pretzels! Great flight of course but I'm surprised that snacks were limited.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:45 pm

Does December count as Fall for VA? Or is there a new menu? I'm flying DCA-DAL later this month and am wondering what the dinner menu might look like.

Originally Posted by Carfield
Fall 2016
Dallas Westbound

Lunch & Dinner

Simple Salad
Mesclun mix with chives, chervil, basil leaves and cherry tomatoes. Served with balsamic olive oil dressing.

Contains wheat

Entrées
Korean Dak Dori Tang Chicken
Sweet and spicy Korean chicken thigh braised in soy sauce, gochujang, honey, garlic and ginger. Served with slow cooked carrots, potatoes, and onions, and jasmine and black rice mix. Garnished with scallions and sesame soy sauce
(Contains poultry, soy)

Or
Quinoa Vegetable Bowl
Tricolored quinoa served with sautéed shiitake mushrooms, roasted rainbow carrots, roasted acorn squash with garam masala, and sweet potatoes. Garnished with a yellow tomato coulis.

Dessert
Brown Butter Pear Tart

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

PS I am on VX 765 from La Guardia to Dallas!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by cyber1k
What would it take for VX to publish their current F transcon menus on the VX site?

Also, had I known the recent breakfast sandwich in F transcon LAXJFK would be the only option aside from a yogurt meal, I would have switched to B6 Mint or AA instead. There are better offerings in coach.

I'm grateful for pax who share here, but would be nice to have a focus on F product amenities and menus directly from VX.

Also, why did VX bail on offering a F transcon amenity bag/pouch? My last 3 flights there were none and FA says they are gone while being redesigned.
Re the amenity bag -- I was told last week that they ran out of the ones they had been using and were not reordering those because instead they are designing and will be releasing memorial/collectible ones in early '17 for the final year of VX. (I recognize that that doesn't really explain why they couldn't also reorder a small stock of the old ones for the rest of the year.)

Re the new menu, I've enjoyed everything I've had except not a big fan of the pear dessert and my filet came out well done (and I'm someone that orders a filet blue at a restaurant). Steak never works on a plane, where you obviously can't sear.

Last edited by shza; Dec 5, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by slutide
Does December count as Fall for VA? Or is there a new menu? I'm flying DCA-DAL later this month and am wondering what the dinner menu might look like.
Virgin America used to change its menu from the current fall to winter menu around mid-December.

But as of this point, it is anyone's guess, but if you travel after December 18, there is a good chance for a new menu.

I agree that Virgin America needs to update its website with menus in both first and coach. They used to do a better job in updating the menu there, but not sure why they decide to stop doing it. They have a very small network so basically there are only eight rotation of menus with plenty of overlaps. (Eastbound/westbound/Transcon Premium eastbound/westbound/DAL to East Coast/East Coast to DAL/Hawaii to Mainland/Mexico to US). Plus they only have four menu cycles.

Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.