Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Menu Starts 6/16

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Summer Menu Starts 6/16

The summer menu will start June 16. If anyone has any questions about the offerings, feel free to ask.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: VX Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
The summer menu will start June 16. If anyone has any questions about the offerings, feel free to ask.
Can't wait!

What are the main entrees for eastbound and westbound flights (excluding DAL-LGA/DCA)?

And are there any substantive changes to the snacks?

Thanks, as always, for sharing!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vxlax
Can't wait!

What are the main entrees for eastbound and westbound flights (excluding DAL-LGA/DCA)?

And are there any substantive changes to the snacks?

Thanks, as always, for sharing!

EB Breakfast -

Poblano and Cheese Omelet

and

Poached Egg with Fingerling Potatoes

WB Breakfast

Caramelized Onion Omelet

and

Breakfast Quesadilla

(Fruit Bowl with Granola and Yogurt is third option on premium routes)

EB Lunch/Dinner

Chicken Chermoula

and

Rigatoni w/Fava Beans in Leek Sauce

WB Lunch/Dinner

Chicken Breast w/ Truffle Jus

and

Quinoa and Cannellini w/ Harissa

(Ginger and Soy Salmon Salad or Nicoise Salad are third options on premium routes)

No major snack changes, just a couple of new additions to Dean & Delucca selection.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
What is luncheon for SFO/ord routes in F for July?
Thanks!
Michael
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:49 am

I'm in F from JFK->SFO in the evening the first week of July. Do you know what the dinner looks like?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:37 pm

What's for lunch JFK>SFO this month? Lunch is still for 10am departures and on?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:21 pm

SFO to ORD - just look at EB lunch/dinner

JFK to SFO - just look at WB lunch/dinner

The new menu will start on June 16 so I don't think anyone have seen how the food will look like onboard yet, except the actual catering planning team.

10am is a lunch flight. They cut off at 9:59am.

Thanks VXCabinCrew for the update!

Carfield
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Are there supposed to be nuts served with the first drink? Didn't get any either way last week on LGA-DAL-LGA
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
VXCabinCrew: If you don't mind sharing, what are the menus for the Hawaii flights and the Mexico flights?

Also, I'm booked on a 'redeye' LAX-CUN flight departing LAX at 11:05pm on a Saturday. Do you know if this flight is like the normal trans-con redeyes in that it has a limited meal? Or does it have the normal (full) Mexico eastbound meal?

Thanks again for sharing this — I really appreciate it!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Are there supposed to be nuts served with the first drink? Didn't get any either way last week on LGA-DAL-LGA

No nuts on this route for the past two menu cycles. I do a pass of the snack basket with the first drink instead.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedwoodA320
VXCabinCrew: If you don't mind sharing, what are the menus for the Hawaii flights and the Mexico flights?

Also, I'm booked on a 'redeye' LAX-CUN flight departing LAX at 11:05pm on a Saturday. Do you know if this flight is like the normal trans-con redeyes in that it has a limited meal? Or does it have the normal (full) Mexico eastbound meal?

Thanks again for sharing this — I really appreciate it!

LAX - CUN redeye is the standard limited menu of a half sandwich and fruit bowl or a protein plate with pita bread and vegetables.

CUN - LAX is a choice of either Cajun Chicken with tomato and mushroom sauce or Vegetable Timbale.

West Coast - Hawaii is a choice of Poblano and Cheese Omelet or Poached Egg with Potatoes.

Hawaii - West Coast is a choice of Calamansi Chicken with green rice or Roasted Vegetable Ravioli.

Hawaii - West Coast redeye is Banana Pancake with Spinach Omelet or a Protein Plate.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
No nuts on this route for the past two menu cycles. I do a pass of the snack basket with the first drink instead.
Interesting, and great proactive touch. I'm always hungry and would really have appreciated that on my last few flights.

Definitely an odd catering cut by VX -- makes me feel bad for thinking I had lazy/forgetful FAs
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Interesting, and great proactive touch. I'm always hungry and would really have appreciated that on my last few flights.

Definitely an odd catering cut by VX -- makes me feel bad for thinking I had lazy/forgetful FAs

Just an update. The warm nuts made an appearance yesterday on these flights.....decided an email to catering was in order because now I don't know what's going on 🤔
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
I recently flew DAL-LAX. No predeparture beverage for F (the crew was busy talking and laughing with the gate agent the whole time). 30 minutes into the flight, I used the call button to request a drink. ITL came from the back and told me "the service will begin soon" and then went back to the rear galley. Around 45 minutes in, food was offered: appetizer, entree, and dessert were all served together on the same tray all at once. He offered a drink and gave it to me in a can with a cup of ice. After I finished, the tray sat in front of me for ~20 minutes. ITL came to collect it, I had to proactively ask for another soft drink. ITL went to the back for the remainder of the flight.

Has the service standard changed for DAL-LAX flights, or was this a particularly bad fluke? Never experienced such "blah" service in F on VX before. I'm tempted to write Guest Services about it, but I don't want to needlessly get someone in trouble — esp. when there was nothign *bad* about the service. It just wasn't good, and didn't WOW me at all. Spectacularly mediocre.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedwoodA320
I recently flew DAL-LAX. No predeparture beverage for F (the crew was busy talking and laughing with the gate agent the whole time). 30 minutes into the flight, I used the call button to request a drink. ITL came from the back and told me "the service will begin soon" and then went back to the rear galley. Around 45 minutes in, food was offered: appetizer, entree, and dessert were all served together on the same tray all at once. He offered a drink and gave it to me in a can with a cup of ice. After I finished, the tray sat in front of me for ~20 minutes. ITL came to collect it, I had to proactively ask for another soft drink. ITL went to the back for the remainder of the flight.

Has the service standard changed for DAL-LAX flights, or was this a particularly bad fluke? Never experienced such "blah" service in F on VX before. I'm tempted to write Guest Services about it, but I don't want to needlessly get someone in trouble — esp. when there was nothign *bad* about the service. It just wasn't good, and didn't WOW me at all. Spectacularly mediocre.

That's awful service. Definitely contact guest services with all the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.