Search

Going from VX to VS at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Going from VX to VS at LAX

Hey, fellow junkies-

I'm doing the usual unspeakable machinations to retain my loyalties, including avoiding a Delta codeshare with VS on an SFO-LAX leg, onward to LHR. (It was $2,500 cheaper in Upper Class to do this instead of an SFO-LHR nonstop on VS.)

Obviously, by avoiding Delta, I'm taking VX instead from SFO-LAX. When I arrive in T3, I have to make my way to T2 for VS. Have any VX fliers done this before? Is it just an out-the-front, down the sidewalk, back in through security kind of affair? Any obstacles to be aware of?

I have 1h 5m to make the connection, so it may be a little tight.

Thanks,
tpc
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Same ticket? You should be fine. Just make sure to check in online.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
If you need to collect bags at T3 after SFO-LAX, there might be an issue. VX baggage reclaim at LAX takes an unusually long time.

Unless you're on the first SFO-LAX flight of the day, is it possible to move to an earlier flight? You can do a same-day confirmed change for $25 on the day of departure.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
If its a single ticket VX should be able to check your bags all the way through to LHR and transfer them airside. The walk is very easy, just down the sidewalk. I think you can do it upstairs or downstairs, but I prefer up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.