Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX satellite TV is not very reliable.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

I have flown VX a few times, and every time, there are always a few channels that don't work. ESPN networks are always one of the channels that don't work.

I have also flown JetBlue a few times, and I have never had a situation where any of JetBlue satellite TV channel does not work.

RED sucks.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:49 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:20 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Current iteration of RED is getting kinda old, and sure, maybe it "sucks". I wouldn't get too caught up on this though, because they're gutting old RED completely and replacing it with something that's much better (and much more well-received by passengers!) as well. Among many tangible user interface improvements, the new system is also more stable.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
The new system is really an improvement. It is in beta and I have seen it a couple of weeks ago. Based on Android. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...ading-red.html

That said, I've seen occasional missing channels, but nothing that says the system is completely hosed.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

I had a similar issue with East Side Sushi movie. I was enjoying it until it abruptly ended and ife returned to the main home page. I tried to watch it again by Fast Forwarding and it again ended (during FF process) at what appeared to be the same scene! But there was other stuff to enjoy instead :-)
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I have flown VX a few times, and every time, there are always a few channels that don't work. ESPN networks are always one of the channels that don't work.

I have also flown JetBlue a few times, and I have never had a situation where any of JetBlue satellite TV channel does not work.

RED sucks.

Its Dish Network compared to Direct TV.... That's all you need to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.