Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using VX points on Partner (VS) flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Using VX points on Partner (VS) flights

Just booked a one-way flight for myself and hubby on Upper Class Virgin Atlantic SFO-LHR with VX points.

The reason I'm posting is as a followup to an earlier post from a couple of years ago when VX first started transferring points to VS and others. At the time, the process was frustrating and opaque (although ultimately successful) - and I described the experience here. (The thread has sunk to a later page finally, but it was near the top for a loooong time)

This morning, it was a totally different - and satisfactory experience. With minimal delay, I was connected with Letiticia, who handled everything with professional aplomb. I was able to get seats on one of the flights I wanted, she was able to confirm (and sent an email to that effect) - and within 3 hours or so, I got the official booking with confirmation number from VS. (Which enabled me to pick seats, provide passport info, etc)

It was smooth, professional and painless.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks for the update! I'm getting ready to book an award ticket on VS myself. How did you look for award availability?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Condition One
Thanks for the update! I'm getting ready to book an award ticket on VS myself. How did you look for award availability?
Good question. I used Delta to look at date availability, which appears to be T-331. ...which seems to be a few days earlier than shown on the VS site.

As for actual availability for G class (UC award) - I didn't see a way to check - Didn't see them on ExpertFlyer.

I was looking for a flight on Friday 5/6 (1 flight scheduled) with a fallback to Thurs (2 flights). I got Thurs. When I asked about availability on 331 days before, she said that she saw both days as ticketable, but there were no seats for redemption on Friday, but there was availability for 1 of the Thursday flights. It's possible that I was 1 day too soon, but I was just fine with another day in London and the flight was available, so I took it.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I too just booked an award tix today on VS using VX points.

Agent (Patti) was supper helpful!! Like MarkBearSF, I too was looking for a flight outbound on a Friday but noticed on the VS website that Fridays seemed to be a no go with getting UC.

My flights aren't until April/May of 2016 so I monitored the VS website until my travel dates on both ends showed up as available. Pattie agreed with me that it was a good way to get an idea of awards seats, but stated that she's noticed that there tends to be a "lag" of a 2-3 days before the Award seats are available on VX for booking.

Good Luck to others with all of these tips!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.