Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

50% off First Class and Main Cabin Select Book by Nov 14 for travel Nov 20-28

Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some

Virgin America has a sale for Thanksgiving week travel offering 50% off Main Cabin Select and First Class. For west coast travel, this sale drops some First Class seats to less than economy.

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/tr...als/promo-code

Main Cabin Select allows one free checked bag and First Class allows two free checked bags. Limit to two passengers per itinerary.

There are some real deals here if you want to travel Thanksgiving week.

Terms and Conditions:
*.This offer ends on November 14, 2014 at 11:59pm PT. .The 50% promo code is valid for non-stop or connecting travel within the domestic US in First Class and Main Cabin Select only. Travel must occur between November 20, 2014 and November 28, 2014. Promo code is not valid on Main Cabin fares. Promo code may be used only towards newly booked travel and may not be applied to prior bookings. Promo code discount will be deducted off of base fare. Base fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of $5.60 per one-way trip or stopover, and a Federal Segment Tax of $4.00 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing.. A stopover is a break in travel of more than 4 hours between 2 flights. Promo code may not be redeemed for cash. Promo code may only be used for bookings made on virginamerica.com and is only valid on itineraries of up to 2 guests only. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers. Promotion code is not eligible for Elevate point redemption bookings. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. If travel is changed or cancelled, promo code discount will become invalid For Main Cabin Select, travel solely between points in the Western Region (LAS/LAX/PDX/PSP/PVR/SAN/SEA/SFO/SJD only) changes or cancellations can be made for a $75 fee per guest through all channels, plus any increase in fare, if applicable. For all other itineraries, changes or cancellations can be made for a $150 fee per guest through all channels, plus any increase in fare, if applicable. .For First Class, changes or cancellations can be made without a fee; an increase in fare will be collected if applicable.. Any remaining balance will be placed in a guest’s travel bank, good for travel on Virgin America for one year from date of issue. Guests who no-show without a change or cancellation prior to the scheduled departure time will forfeit the amount of this fare. In addition, any future flights booked in the same reservation will also be canceled and the fare will be forfeited. Tickets purchased from Virgin America through our reservation call center will cost an additional $20 per guest per itinerary. Any added cost associated with purchasing tickets from Virgin America through our reservation call center will be non-refundable. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly or partially used ticket. Fares, routes, fees and schedules are subject to change without notice. . For Main Cabin Select, Virgin America will accept one (1) piece of checked baggage up to 50 pounds free of charge for each ticketed guest. The fee per guest for each additional checked bag up to 50 pounds from the second (2) to the tenth (10) is $25. For First Class, Virgin America will accept two (2) pieces of checked baggage up to 50 pounds free of charge for each ticketed guest. The fee per guest for each additional checked bag up to 50 pounds from the third (3) to the tenth (10) is $25. Additional fees apply to baggage exceeding these weight limitations, and other baggage restrictions may apply.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes! I just grabbed this! I cancelled a very expensive fare and rebooked. Not only had the price dropped since I booked, but I got 50% off the lower fare.

$424 (incl taxes and fees) cancelled and rebooked at $342 when they had the 20% off promo.. cancelled and rebooked AGAIN... new fare = $302... 50% off the base fare makes my total $157.60. Not bad for F on a busy travel day!

No cancellation fees with credit card = big win.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
good to see someone taking advantage of that benefit. do you get flight credit or a full refund with that benefit? What are the options?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight credit is the only option for a non-refundable ticket. Goes in your "travel bank", expires in a year. Although, as I mentioned in the CC thread, it looks like there are never any change / cancel fees for F anyway -- I didn't realize that before.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: VX Silver
I love these sales. I had been busy and forgot to buy some seats from LAX to LAS next week. I was able to snag F for $111, coach was $179!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.