Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No support for Apple Pay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy No support for Apple Pay

I tried to add my VX card to Apple Pay on my new iPhone 6. It first failed the photo import, but considering the card's vertical design, I was not surprised, but when I tried adding the number and details manually I received a message that the credit card provider does not support Apple Pay.

I sent a question to Comenity through their website. Anybody have more info?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: Alaska / Hilton / Amtrak / Avis
I did this exact same thing. . Comenity is on Visa's list of banking partners that will be added "in the coming weeks" to Apple Pay. http://usa.visa.com/clients-partners...ions/index.jsp
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Just got a reply from Comenity. Expect it next month (November)

"We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your Virgin
America Visa account. We do support Apple Pay and will be available for
our card holders the beginning of November."
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Considering some of the "fun" going on with Apple Pay, this is probably not the worst thing in the world. Give them a few weeks to work out the kinks that always come with something massive like this.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:38 pm

12/21 and I tried to do the same - still no joy
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:12 am

Strange. Google Wallet doesn't have these issues. Maybe you should try that. I've had all my CC on GW for years now. I guess because it's been around longer there aren't so many loopholes. Welcome to NFC payment, so happy more people joining in and using it.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:56 pm

Still no go 7/10/2015.

Guess it doesn't matter too much for me since I want to use my SPG amex for everything I can anyway and anyone who takes Apple Pay takes amex (in my experience so far). Wonder what's taking them so long though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.