Airbus A320 Sharklets Concern

Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Airbus A320 Sharklets Concern

Why is there only one Sharklet equipped Airbus A320 with a registration of N361VA?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:33 am

It was delivered to VX with them on. It is the newest aircraft in their fleet while the other 52 aircraft are older builds. They have not modified those with the new Sharklets like Jetblue most likely because of money. It is not worth it financially (to VX) to have them installed at this point in time. I cant explain the Registration. It is odd to say the least considering how similar every other aircraft is in the registration department.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
How is this a concern?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I apologize for my misunderstanding. I was just wondering why they would have one single plane with Sharklets, but since you've already shared some information, I got it now...
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by SocalApproach
It was delivered to VX with them on. It is the newest aircraft in their fleet while the other 52 aircraft are older builds. They have not modified those with the new Sharklets like Jetblue most likely because of money. It is not worth it financially (to VX) to have them installed at this point in time. I cant explain the Registration. It is odd to say the least considering how similar every other aircraft is in the registration department.
Don't think it's odd. Every aircraft in the fleet is represented by the series and ends in VA.

ie N5XXVA = A319
N6XXVA = A320 with 149 seats (non shark)
N8XXVA = A320 with 146 seats (non shark)
N3XXVA = A320 equipped with Sharklets

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.