Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Can I book a flight for my husband with my points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold

I searched but couldn't find an answer....maybe I missed it. Anyway, can I book a flight for my husband using my points if I will not be traveling with him? I see you can gift points but you have to pay. I wasn't sure if you could do it for free for a family member. Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by BAR423
I searched but couldn't find an answer....maybe I missed it. Anyway, can I book a flight for my husband using my points if I will not be traveling with him? I see you can gift points but you have to pay. I wasn't sure if you could do it for free for a family member. Thanks
Yes, you can book a flight for anyone using your points.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Do I have to call in or can I do it online...thanks
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta
Yes, you can do it online, but you first need to add your husband as a "Travel Companion" under your Elevate profile (go to My Account -> My Preferences). Once you've done that, you can name your husband as the traveler when you book the flight.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:37 pm

You can book for anyone using your points without needing to add them as a travel companion. Just replace your contact information with the name of the person traveling while booking.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:14 am

On the same note, if someone is traveling with my companion pass from the VX Visa can I cash in on their miles that they earn?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by teo24
On the same note, if someone is traveling with my companion pass from the VX Visa can I cash in on their miles that they earn?
No. You only get points for your own travel/seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.