Issue with VX and Barclaycard?

Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Issue with VX and Barclaycard?

Has anyone had an issue with "opting out" of the Barclaycard Arrival? I received a letter in the mail months ago saying I could "opt out" before 12/15. I called, opted out before 12/15 and now when I sign into Barclaycard I still have an Arrival MC account? Anyone else? They are telling me that there is (and never was) an "opt out" option now...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:54 pm

I had called Barclay Card because I did not want to pay $89/year for a card that I would likely not use....I had found out, from this great website, that they also had a card with no annual fee and less perks. That was fine for me, given that I plan to use a new VX card and Hawaiian cards as my main cards...After some time on the phone, I was able to convince the guy to switch me to their free card...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
you had to convince them? I dont see what they would need convincing on. YOU are the customer. If you dont want the annual fee card they should just give it to you.

I believe our fee is waived for the first year. When its coming up for renewal I plan on calling them and telling them to waive it. There is a thread on this forum in which people did that and were successful.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:03 am

Elevate Credit for December's VX Barclays Card purchase?

Anybody receive Elevate credit yet for their December purchases on the Old VX Barclay Card?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pilot05
Anybody receive Elevate credit yet for their December purchases on the Old VX Barclay Card?
I have not. I usually get my Elevate points on the 8th or 9th of the month. I've been direct messages with Barclay on Twitter and they claim it should be resolved by "mid-January". Don't have my hopes up.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
no new Barclay Mastercard, no Barclaycard Elevate points, or new VX Visa so far. I am in no rush though. They will all arrive in due time.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz Gold, VX Silver, Kimpton InnerCirc
Wish we automatically got the 40,000 point bonus (for spending $1k in 90) that new applicants get. Anyone had luck pushing that? I will be dropping a dime on them tomorrow to see what I can do.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:44 pm

I got my barclaycard Elevate points from December

Originally Posted by Pilot05
The Elevate points from my December spend on the old card posted today

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.