FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1537369-new-credit-card-details-comenity-capital-bank.html)

gq533 Jan 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm in no rush to get the card, so I will wait for a promotion.

PainCorp Jan 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by gq533 (Post 22204237)
Thanks for the update. I'm in no rush to get the card, so I will wait for a promotion.

Did you have the former VX card? This specifically cited the old card as a reason for offering it to me.

MarkBearSF Jan 23, 2014 6:31 am

Replacement Cards Coming

They're replacing the crappy cards. Just got this email:

"Thanks for applying for the new Virgin America VisaŽ Card. If you haven't received your new card already, it will be arriving shortly. We wanted to get your card to you as quickly as possible, but cosmetically it might not be as perfect as either of us would like. We're fixing that with a little nip-and-tuck and will be sending you a replacement card soon. In the meantime, please activate and start using the card to take advantage of all your new cardholder benefits. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. "

bevnetcraven Jan 23, 2014 6:44 am

Originally Posted by MarkBearSF (Post 22206892)
They're replacing the crappy cards. Just got this email:

"Thanks for applying for the new Virgin America VisaŽ Card. If you haven't received your new card already, it will be arriving shortly. We wanted to get your card to you as quickly as possible, but cosmetically it might not be as perfect as either of us would like. We're fixing that with a little nip-and-tuck and will be sending you a replacement card soon. In the meantime, please activate and start using the card to take advantage of all your new cardholder benefits. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. "

Got that too...Funny, the front of mine started peeling off after just 1 week...

BAR423 Jan 23, 2014 6:53 am

thinking about getting the card...think they'll offer a promotion in the near future?

gq533 Jan 23, 2014 11:49 am

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 22204985)
Did you have the former VX card? This specifically cited the old card as a reason for offering it to me.

Yes, I do have the old VX card and just recently received the new Barclays Arrival replacement card. Guess I did not charge enough on the old card for them to offer me a promotion on the new card. I will give them a call to see if I can get the better offer.

jlampert Jan 23, 2014 12:52 pm

I received another card in the mail today, and while the quality is maybe a little bit better, there are still issues with the plastic covering and peeling, etc.

I'm not sure the card was issued before or after they pinpointed the production issues, as I called as soon as I received my initial card to get a replacement (half of my hologram on the back was missing on my first card). I'll be following up with Virgin and post what they say.

PainCorp Jan 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by gq533 (Post 22208753)
Yes, I do have the old VX card and just recently received the new Barclays Arrival replacement card. Guess I did not charge enough on the old card for them to offer me a promotion on the new card. I will give them a call to see if I can get the better offer.

I almost hit the $25k threshold last year. I won't this year though, my spending is focused elsewhere for different rewards.

teo24 Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by jlampert (Post 22209184)
I received another card in the mail today, and while the quality is maybe a little bit better, there are still issues with the plastic covering and peeling, etc.

I'm not sure the card was issued before or after they pinpointed the production issues, as I called as soon as I received my initial card to get a replacement (half of my hologram on the back was missing on my first card). I'll be following up with Virgin and post what they say.

VX should be putting these cards on surfaces akin to the Chase Sapphire Preferred

WheelsFirst Jan 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by teo24 (Post 22209846)
VX should be putting these cards on surfaces akin to the Chase Sapphire Preferred

But that would require VX choosing a bank like Chase.

UA Fan Jan 23, 2014 10:11 pm

I am thinking of applying for this card as I might need to make a partner reward booking. How quickly can one expect to get the bonus? As soon as the statement closes in which the 1K is spent? The T&C say 6-8 weeks which is why I am asking. Plus this is a bank I have not dealt with before and I need to make the booking soon.

vxflyer Jan 23, 2014 10:25 pm

I have yet to get the Barclay Arrival card even though when I log in to my account online I apparently have a new account number waiting to be activated.

I never did get an email invitation to apply for the new card either. With all the quality issues though, I might as well wait to apply.

Marathon Man Jan 24, 2014 3:51 am

After reading much of this thread I find I am still confused.

There's too many virgins and I never thought that would be a bad thing til now!

My wife and I have Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and its CC is issued by BofA.

Now this one is Virgin America.

I guess the points or miles from each are different and non combinable?
Not to mention Virgin Australia and whatever other Virgins there may be.

Call me dumb but I am a virgin to Virgin as I am often elsewhere lol
:D

vxflyer Jan 24, 2014 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 22212934)
After reading much of this thread I find I am still confused.

There's too many virgins and I never thought that would be a bad thing til now!

My wife and I have Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and its CC is issued by BofA.

Now this one is Virgin America.

I guess the points or miles from each are different and non combinable?
Not to mention Virgin Australia and whatever other Virgins there may be.

Call me dumb but I am a virgin to Virgin as I am often elsewhere lol
:D

There are three Virgin carriers: Virgin Atlantic (VS), Virgin America (VX) and Virgin Australia (VA). Each airline is part of the Virgin Group but they are separate companies. They each have their own frequent traveler program. VS (Flying Club), VX (Elevate) and VA (Velocity). You can earn and redeem points between all three, but it's not a 1-1 exchange.

P.S. "Virgin Samoa" is a part of VA. It is a joint venture between Virgin Australia Holdings and the Samoan government.

Marathon Man Jan 24, 2014 7:23 am

Originally Posted by vxflyer (Post 22213418)
There are three Virgin carriers: Virgin Atlantic (VS), Virgin America (VX) and Virgin Australia (VA). Each airline is part of the Virgin Group but they are separate companies. They each have their own frequent traveler program. VS (Flying Club), VX (Elevate) and VA (Velocity). You can earn and redeem points between all three, but it's not a 1-1 exchange.

P.S. "Virgin Samoa" is a part of VA. It is a joint venture between Virgin Australia Holdings and the Samoan government.

Thanks

Crazy

Lol