Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Mine arrived today--took exactly a week from date of application.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Applied at 9PM PST on 1/3/14 and received it on Saturday (1/11/14) via UPS Next Day Air.

Originally Posted by beevesdoopie
How long did it take you to get the card mailed to you?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
In case anyone is curious, Barclays told me the new MasterCards were mailed out on the 9th. So we should be receiving them any day now.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:54 pm

Thanks for the info on the new Barclays Arrival Card. I have not been able to look at the travel rewards, but the gift card and travel voucher cards are terrible. 10,000 points for a $50 gift card? Has anybody been able to check out the Travel rewards? Are they any good? If the travel rewards are as bad as the other rewards, I will bypass the 10,000 free points and just cancel it right away.

*Edit - I am referring to the Barclays Arrival Card and not the new Comenity Card. Apologies if anybody thought I was referring to the Comenity card.

Last edited by gq533; Jan 15, 2014 at 3:49 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Ritz Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold,
Comenity so far has failed - can you believe they say the agreement they have with Visa is a Maximum charge of $4999 per day - I tried today for a charge larger than this and it declined.
What a disappointment! I wonder if this is true for all accounts?
Then they send the card to you next day air (really) why waste money on this service and decline your customer's transactions where you make money?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by harpster
Comenity so far has failed - can you believe they say the agreement they have with Visa is a Maximum charge of $4999 per day - I tried today for a charge larger than this and it declined.
I'm getting more and more nervous about this card...

I suppose the next step is for Virgin to withdraw from this partnership and ally themselves with a check-cashing outfit.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta
Just got my FLY Premium card today, sent UPS Next Day as others have reported. Agree with the new design being a definite downgrade from the Barclays's VX card...the "shimmer" is gone, and the card feels much flimsier than the previous one.

Also, my last name is truncated on the card, presumably due to the vertical orientation of the design. No idea why they couldn't just use my first initial to make room for my full last name, or split my name across two lines. Even more inexplicably, the card that's in my wife's name also truncates our surname to the same number of letters, even though her first name is much shorter than mine. Weird.

Another thing I noticed is that my wife's card number and security code is the same as mine, which is a first - with every other card account, our cards have different numbers and security codes. This has real-world impact - other card issuers I have are able to classify purchases by the card used, and if there's a fraudulent charge, we know which card was used (which helps with investigations) and only one card needs to be reissued (read: we can keep using the other one until a replacement is received).

All in all, I think Comenity is a far inferior partner (speaking from the consumer perspective) than Barclay's was. I hope VX puts some real effort into improving the service being provided in their name.

Also, if you're a Mint.com user, here's a link to a forum issue to get the card supported, feel free to vote up: http://gsfn.us/t/4e87c
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold
The numbers on the card need to be embossed. When I removed the activation sticker from the card, the sticker removed the last digit of my account number. Poor quality indeed!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:34 pm

Can someone post a picture, just blurring out the numbers? I want to see how bad this card looks.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by SoCalZman
Question for people who are cancelling their Barclay mastercard: When you called them did they offer to give you sign up bonus points to keep it open or anything like that? My one complaint about the change over is they are replacing our cards but they are not giving us the new sign up bonus that new card holders are getting.
I just called them and told them I'd be cancelling the card if I didn't get the points bonus (40,000 points per their current promotion). I was told that they put a request in, and that I'd get "a response within seven to ten business days". Wondering if I should be patient or not.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:44 pm

Will try 2/3 BM churn on this on my next AoR.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well, the Arrival card showed up today (the one I don't want) and the new card still hasn't arrived.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Wasn't going to get this, but got a pre-approved offer, so figured what the hell. I can get behind 20,000 points for $49.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Wasn't going to get this, but got a pre-approved offer, so figured what the hell. I can get behind 20,000 points for $49.
How were you able to get 20,000 points? Did you get an email offer? Planning to sign up, but waiting for a better offer than the current 10,000 and 15,000 offers on Virgin's site.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gq533
How were you able to get 20,000 points? Did you get an email offer? Planning to sign up, but waiting for a better offer than the current 10,000 and 15,000 offers on Virgin's site.
It was a targeted mailed offer with an RSVP code. 20 or 25k points. The extra 5k wasn't worth $100 to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.