FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1537369-new-credit-card-details-comenity-capital-bank.html)

kon104 Jan 11, 2014 11:41 am

Cool! Now when is that status match (with reduced requirements for cc holders) coming back...

VAFlyerSAN Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm

I'd have to agree that the quality of the Premium Card is very poor. Doesn't seem real. Mine is scratched on the front as well. The old card was much better but the benefits are much better now.

Originally Posted by a330300 (Post 22133431)
Received the new Premium card via UPS today - first world problems below...:D

Quality of the Premium card is awful. Bring me back the old Barclays versions.

It's flimsy, almost like a cheap sample credit card you'd get in a mailer. The front is all scratched up from the embossing process when they added texture to the word "FLY". The manufacturing defects are pretty evident with the silver color of the Premium card too.

Sounds like first batch (and first world) problems above - folks with the regular black/pink card, any better?

SoCalZman Jan 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by a330300 (Post 22133431)
Received the new Premium card via UPS today - first world problems below...:D

Quality of the Premium card is awful. Bring me back the old Barclays versions.

It's flimsy, almost like a cheap sample credit card you'd get in a mailer. The front is all scratched up from the embossing process when they added texture to the word "FLY". The manufacturing defects are pretty evident with the silver color of the Premium card too.

Sounds like first batch (and first world) problems above - folks with the regular black/pink card, any better?

I wouldn't say first world problems. If it is cheaply made it will wear out faster. I don't want my credit card to stop working due to wear before its expiration date. Are you planning on following up with Comenity or VX about this?

cringle Jan 13, 2014 11:41 am

Originally Posted by apbailey (Post 22107191)
Weird question, but can anyone tell what the form factor of this card is? It appears it's either a regular size card that is printed in "portrait" mode or is basically twice the size of a regular card.

It's a regular sized card, just in portrait mode.

apbailey Jan 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by cringle (Post 22146000)
It's a regular sized card, just in portrait mode.

Thanks!

SFOPhD Jan 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by ethanwa (Post 22114953)
I finally got the sign-up email and guess what: I got the dreaded "Thanks for applying. You'll hear from us in the mail in 7-10 days" meaning I got denied, even though I have a $7900 limit with my old VX card from Barclays! Maybe too many hard pulls on my credit report recently?

Does anyone have any reports regarding what credit bureau Comenity pulls?

rekoil Jan 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Just noticed that because Comentiy puts the VA Visa's login page on its own URL (unlike Barclay's, which had a common login for all of their cards), I can't add it to mint.com. Grr.
It does look like some of Comenity's store cards are supported, so I put in a request. Anyone else who uses Mint, I'd suggest doing the same.

MarkBearSF Jan 14, 2014 7:52 am

I just checked my credit report and it looks like they may have pulled from all 3. I see an inquiry from "CREDCO" to Equifax and TransUnion on 1/4 and a "RELS" check on my mortgage through Experian on the same date.

beevesdoopie Jan 14, 2014 10:54 am

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN (Post 22142578)
I'd have to agree that the quality of the Premium Card is very poor. Doesn't seem real. Mine is scratched on the front as well. The old card was much better but the benefits are much better now.

How long did it take you to get the card mailed to you?

scottish_colin Jan 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by beevesdoopie (Post 22152837)
How long did it take you to get the card mailed to you?

Mine took about a week. Most of that was processing too - they ended up shipping it UPS overnight.

+1 on the quality of the platinum card. It's atrocious - I've seen better disposable gift cards.

SoCalZman Jan 14, 2014 5:57 pm

just got mine today. You are right. This card sucks. People complement me on the old credit card all the time. This one looks like its a gift card.

Eastbay1K Jan 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Dear Eastbay1K

We hope you'll enjoy all the benefits and advantages that come with your new Virgin America Visa account. Your account is available for immediate use:

The problem is that I received this email on the 8th. I enrolled online for access today. You can only see the last 4 of the account number online. Calling customer service results in an agent telling you that they cannot release account numbers over the phone. The card has not yet arrived. Accordingly, the account has not been available for immediate use.

SoCalZman Jan 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 22155825)
Dear Eastbay1K

We hope you'll enjoy all the benefits and advantages that come with your new Virgin America Visa account. Your account is available for immediate use:

The problem is that I received this email on the 8th. I enrolled online for access today. You can only see the last 4 of the account number online. Calling customer service results in an agent telling you that they cannot release account numbers over the phone. The card has not yet arrived. Accordingly, the account has not been available for immediate use.

hang in there. It will probably arrive this week. I signed up the first NIGHT the link went up and I just got mine earlier today.

ALSO, I am always willing to give a company good/bad feedback (Companies love sending me surveys as a result. I try to do my part). I let VX know that the card had some defects (scratching and mine appears to have a lamination issue as well) and really took away from the look of the card. They sent me this:

"Hi SoCalZman,
We appreciate you reaching out & providing us with your feedback. We're aware there are some quality issues with the cards. ADS is working on reissuing cards and identifying the production issue.
You can still use the card as is for purchases but the plastic will be replaced shortly. We truly appreciate you as our guest."

This was a social media person responding, so who knows if the "cards will be reissued" statement is true/will be automatic or if we need to follow up with Comenity.

Phamer55 Jan 14, 2014 7:10 pm

My Card!

Yeah, my card came today!! Excited to use it, but I agree, the physical card leaves a lot to be desired, especially considering how cool the old card was and how often people commented on it. I do wish that the travel I already booked for this year I could get the $25 baggage fees waived. I'll have to wait until next year to take advantage of that.

Eastbay1K Jan 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by SoCalZman (Post 22155945)
hang in there. It will probably arrive this week. I signed up the first NIGHT the link went up and I just got mine earlier today.

I was hoping to make my 4thQ ES tax payment and get a good chunk of the way toward the status points - payment due tomorrow.