Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UA G
Would someone mind sharing a 25k link? If a PM is easier, I'd be happy to try and sanitize the link to see if it can be made suitable for public consumption.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
Would someone mind sharing a 25k link? If a PM is easier, I'd be happy to try and sanitize the link to see if it can be made suitable for public consumption.
I am not sure this offer is link specific. I clicked the link in my email and it took me to the same generic apply page that I saw last night. Even after I signed in like it asked me to, the offer details did not change to what it said in the email. Maybe it is something on their back end they see once the user applies. Pilot5 can you confirm you see the same thing?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
I am not sure this offer is link specific. I clicked the link in my email and it took me to the same generic apply page that I saw last night. Even after I signed in like it asked me to, the offer details did not change to what it said in the email. Maybe it is something on their back end they see once the user applies. Pilot5 can you confirm you see the same thing?
I see the same thing. When I click on the 25K Premium link, it takes me to the generic application page. I suppose the 25k offer is somehow linked in the backend...

I suggest calling the Comenity number I listed in the previous post and ask for the 25k Elevate offer.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: PlatPro, Globalist, Marriott Platinum
I don't think the new $149 card will necessarily result in more Elevate members. The old card offered the ability to earn 10,000 status points after $25,000 in spend, and this reduces that number by only $5,000 (you get 10,000 after $20,000) in spend.

I would also be interested in the higher sign-up bonus offer if possible.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: PlatPro, Globalist, Marriott Platinum
One other quick thing about the cancellation fee waiver on the $149 card, after reading the T&C, it looks like the cancelled fare gets applied to your VA travel bank. I thought maybe it would be refunded to your original form of payment, but it doesn't look like this is the case.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:14 am

link problem

Hello. I received the link with the extra points - but when I clicked through and signed in to my virgin account, only the lower points (10K for the signature visa) were offered. I called a phone number that was noted in the email, and the agent that answered offered to adjust my records to get the 20K bonus points after spending $1K in the first 90 days. Yay.

Do call Virgin if you are having a problem with the points...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:25 am

Which Virgin phone # is this? Could you repost so we can refer to that exact number?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:43 am

Right, I dont see a phone number in my email. Do you mean the comenity customer service number or virgin itself?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador

anyone who didnt get this 20k email have luck getting that bonus? trying to figure out if i can.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:25 pm

I called comenity customer service. Guy seemed friendly but he didnt seem to know much about the sign up bonus. He said if I got the email, I will get the 25k bonus. I am not going to worry about it much more right now since there doesnt seem to be much more I can do. I will hit $1G very quickly and I will keep an eye on it. If there is an issue I will call them again.

As an aside, Their call center seems to be located within the US, which I consider a big plus over Barclays.

Last edited by SoCalZman; Jan 7, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
What is the difference between Virgin Elevate vs. Flying Club? Looks like they are partners but the Ultimate Rewards only transfer to the Flying Club?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: Alaska / Hilton / Amtrak / Avis
Weird question, but can anyone tell what the form factor of this card is? It appears it's either a regular size card that is printed in "portrait" mode or is basically twice the size of a regular card.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by CreditRocks
What is the difference between Virgin Elevate vs. Flying Club? Looks like they are partners but the Ultimate Rewards only transfer to the Flying Club?

Thanks for the help.
Two different airlines. Elevate is Virgin America's FFP, whereas Flying Club is Virgin Atlantic's FFP.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
Virgin America Premium Visa Signature

No change or cancel fees on Virgin America flights
ifrequently fly transcon on business, which typically requires me to buy refundable fares. this benefit would pay for itself the first time i booked a flight.

oddly, although i am gold on virgin, i did not receive the email. granted, i never had any prior VX-branded CC, which may be the reason.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:18 am

Are people still getting emails?
Strangely enough, I have yet to receive one - and I was a long-time user of the Barclay card, am a silver elevate member - and my credit scores are excellent.
...AND I signed up for the notification.
(Yes, I've been checking my junk email folder too)

Last edited by MarkBearSF; Jan 8, 2014 at 10:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.