FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1537369-new-credit-card-details-comenity-capital-bank.html)

vah4883 Apr 27, 2017 8:52 pm

It's not possible to sign up for VX comenity cards anymore

Boraxo Apr 27, 2017 8:52 pm

One blogger is reporting that Comenity is no longer accepting new applications. Which is strange as I just reviewed the card benefits using the link on the VX website a few hours ago.

sfozrhfco Apr 27, 2017 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 28239225)
One blogger is reporting that Comenity is no longer accepting new applications. Which is strange as I just reviewed the card benefits using the link on the VX website a few hours ago.

You can look at the benefits but they only apply to people that already have the card. The VX website clearly states:

Current cardholders still enjoy the good stuff, like Elevate points for purchases,² no change or cancel fees,⁴ and more. New applications are no longer accepted for the Virgin America Visa Credit Card program.

road2elysium May 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Do VX Comenity cards have any downgrade to 0 AF product change options?

CDKing May 21, 2017 6:52 am

No, also the ultimate goal is to get you to cancel the card since AS will continue to use BofA and no new apps allowed for the current offerings.

Back when i had the AA Card through Barclay, they went out of my way to get me to cancel by dropping my credit line to an unusable level (the day before discover tripled my credit limit)

Finagler May 23, 2017 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Finagler (Post 26592132)
Have people received their $150 companion discounts yet this year? In the past, I have received them either in April or early May. I am still waiting to get mine for 2016, and the other problems we have be seeing related to this card have me a little worried...

I am referencing my post from last year as a jump off point. I complained about not receiving my $150 companion discount on May 7, 2016, and I finally received it on May 13, 2016. As of May 23, 2017, I have not received my $150 companion discount for this year. Are others still receiving theirs? Or did the Alaska debacle kill this perk? It seems like an annual companion discount should come pretty close to 365 days apart from year to year.

Bill Brasky May 24, 2017 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Finagler (Post 28347719)
I am referencing my post from last year as a jump off point. I complained about not receiving my $150 companion discount on May 7, 2016, and I finally received it on May 13, 2016. As of May 23, 2017, I have not received my $150 companion discount for this year. Are others still receiving theirs? Or did the Alaska debacle kill this perk? It seems like an annual companion discount should come pretty close to 365 days apart from year to year.

Now that you mention it, I haven't received it by email has I have in years past. I don't think they can kill it without warning.

fluke712 May 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: $150 companion discount - I had to email Virgin America for it; they provided it on April 21.

"I have researched your request and I was able to locate your 2017 Companion Code. I have included the details below."

Finagler May 24, 2017 6:20 pm

I called Virgin America Elevate earlier today. They told me they aren't sure if the May 2017 promo codes have been generated yet, but May 2017 codes have not been issued yet. I was told I should receive my $150 companion code as soon as the May 2017 codes get issued.

maxp0wers May 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Mine popped up in my email today. Guessing May codes are being sent out now then.

artieb78 May 25, 2017 10:47 pm

I also never got my code. Should have come ~Aug. 2016. I emailed today via website and received my code in a few hours. Bad news is that it expires Oct. 17, 2017 :rolleyes:

worldwidedreamer May 30, 2017 3:53 pm

So I applied for my card in October 2016. Wonder whether the card will make it for my companion ticket offer to arrive...

Finagler Jun 1, 2017 2:42 pm

Just a follw up: I posted on May 23 that I had not yet received my annual $150 companion code. I called VX Elevate on May 24, and they told me I should receive it soon. I called VX Elevate again today, and they gave me my code over the phone. Everything would be so much easier if they would simply automatically email these codes every 365 or so days. It would eliminate all the unnecessary waiting, calling, and uncertainty.

sfozrhfco Jun 2, 2017 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Finagler (Post 28389638)
Just a follw up: I posted on May 23 that I had not yet received my annual $150 companion code. I called VX Elevate on May 24, and they told me I should receive it soon. I called VX Elevate again today, and they gave me my code over the phone. Everything would be so much easier if they would simply automatically email these codes every 365 or so days. It would eliminate all the unnecessary waiting, calling, and uncertainty.

AS doesn't want anybody to use the card and Virgin America is gone as a stand alone company. Don't get your hopes up that anything will be automated.

maxp0wers Jun 6, 2017 10:53 am

anyone think this card may be converted to an AS card eventually? Since AS is limiting that second application now, could be helpful. I always get great value out of the companion pass on AS, so wouldn't mind it.