Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Maybe time for those (like me) who don't have a card to think about getting one in the next few months. This deal will likely go bye-bye once the merger/buyout is approved. BofA has way more clout than Comenity and likely the larger customer base. Close to pulling the trigger myself but waiting to see if there is another annual "bonus" in May/June time frame.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Points used to post the day the statement came out. My March points are now 2 weeks late and counting. Talked to Comenity which transferred me to Virgin who then transferred me to another department. Still not sorted out. So keep an eye out as it least for me the automatic point posting is not working.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: Virgin America
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Points used to post the day the statement came out. My March points are now 2 weeks late and counting. Talked to Comenity which transferred me to Virgin who then transferred me to another department. Still not sorted out. So keep an eye out as it least for me the automatic point posting is not working.
I also still don't have my March points. Obviously need to get a new card now, what are you guys going with? I'm thinking Chase Sapphire for me. Seems to have great travel rewards.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:23 am

Also, will we be receiving the $150 off companion ticket one more time?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by skron
I also still don't have my March points. Obviously need to get a new card now, what are you guys going with? I'm thinking Chase Sapphire for me. Seems to have great travel rewards.
Have stopped charging things to the Comenity card but still am awaiting nearly 4500 points to post. Use the SPG AMEX for most of my charges now combined with the jetBlue and Hyatt cards. Starpoints have the most flexibility and at least as it exists now, SPG is the best hotel program. If Starwood is bought out by Marriott we will have to see what happens with SPG and the SPG AMEX. Really depends upon the categories you spend money on and what rewards you are seeking.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:23 pm

Same here. No points for March statement. No $150 off a companion fare. Been weeks now since I should have received each of them. Has anyone learned useful info calling Comenity? Is this a snafu from a minor league bank, or something more nefarious?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:04 pm

Never applied for VX card(s), is there any link for personal/business card? I would like to take advantage before merger happens.

Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mak101
Never applied for VX card(s), is there any link for personal/business card? I would like to take advantage before merger happens.

Thanks.
https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/el...+-+BMM&psaid=b
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:27 pm

I messaged Elevate about the missing March points, rather than Comenity because I find their service horrendous (replies that take days and are often full of nonsense). Within two hours I got a reply from VX stating "reward Points for purchases made using your Virgin America Visa Signature® Card are posted with the close of the billing cycle which is usually around the 24th of each month give or take a few days.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, however all Elevate members posting of Points have been slightly delayed. We have not been advised as to what has caused the delay as the delay is on Comenity Banks end and not Virgin Americas.

Each month Virgin America receives a statement from Comenity Bank which tells us how many General Purchase Bonus Points and how many Virgin America Purchase Bonus Points are to be credited to each respective Elevate account and then the accounts are credited accordingly.

At this time we have yet to receive the statement from Comenity Bank which is what is causing the delay. Here at Virgin America we do not have access to the specific purchases you make or the dollar amount spent, we can only show an approximation based on the amount of Points the statement from Comenity Bank states each Elevate account is to be credited.

We speculate that the delay has something to do with the close of the billing cycle coinciding with the Easter holiday weekend.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and please know that we expect the Points to be posted sometime in the near future."

Sounds as if the problem is at Comenity's end, which doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm torn up about VX's sale to AS, but one positive is not having to deal with Comenity anymore.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by jakers3200
Same here. No points for March statement. No $150 off a companion fare. Been weeks now since I should have received each of them. Has anyone learned useful info calling Comenity? Is this a snafu from a minor league bank, or something more nefarious?
Things seem be be slowly unraveling. These e-mails should have gone out by now but nobody seems to know what is going on. They are usually sent out in March.

Somebody from Elevate also told me the points would post by the end of the month (March) which they obviously did not.

Comenity must know their days are numbered as a Virgin partner and well VX employees are figuring out their futures after the buy out.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by paradox
I messaged Elevate about the missing March points, rather than Comenity because I find their service horrendous (replies that take days and are often full of nonsense). Within two hours I got a reply from VX stating "reward Points for purchases made using your Virgin America Visa Signature® Card are posted with the close of the billing cycle which is usually around the 24th of each month give or take a few days.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, however all Elevate members posting of Points have been slightly delayed. We have not been advised as to what has caused the delay as the delay is on Comenity Banks end and not Virgin Americas.

Each month Virgin America receives a statement from Comenity Bank which tells us how many General Purchase Bonus Points and how many Virgin America Purchase Bonus Points are to be credited to each respective Elevate account and then the accounts are credited accordingly.

At this time we have yet to receive the statement from Comenity Bank which is what is causing the delay. Here at Virgin America we do not have access to the specific purchases you make or the dollar amount spent, we can only show an approximation based on the amount of Points the statement from Comenity Bank states each Elevate account is to be credited.

We speculate that the delay has something to do with the close of the billing cycle coinciding with the Easter holiday weekend.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and please know that we expect the Points to be posted sometime in the near future."

Sounds as if the problem is at Comenity's end, which doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm torn up about VX's sale to AS, but one positive is not having to deal with Comenity anymore.
I must have been lucky since my Credit Card points posted on time on March 25
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by SFGuy37
I must have been lucky since my Credit Card points posted on time on March 25
Did you get the right amount or did you receive the points everybody else was supposed to earn in March?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Did you get the right amount or did you receive the points everybody else was supposed to earn in March?
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I got exactly the right amount of points based on my statement purchases. I'm still waiting on my $150 companion ticket email from paying the annual fee from my jan statement on 2/19, but it's now right in the middle of the quoted 6-8 weeks timeframe.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by SFGuy37
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I got exactly the right amount of points based on my statement purchases. I'm still waiting on my $150 companion ticket email from paying the annual fee from my jan statement on 2/19, but it's now right in the middle of the quoted 6-8 weeks timeframe.
Please remind me.. is the companion ticket given to us all at the same time? Or is it a year from the last time you used it?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by skron
Please remind me.. is the companion ticket given to us all at the same time? Or is it a year from the last time you used it?
I thought it was on the anniversary of your card opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.