Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:22 pm

Cool New Card Sign Up etc.

Applied 1/7 with response saying they need to review my info and will get an answer within 7-10 business days.

Didn't hear back, then received my cards on the 22nd.

I was a previous cardholder but did not get notified of the new card early or offered any promotional sign up deal. Just signed up off the website.

Card is cheap looking and cheap materials compared to the previous card. Hope they can rectify this.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:57 pm

Still haven't gotten my VX Visa (applied and approved on 1/8) and after opting out of the Arrival Card before 12/15 and then calling again to complain the beginning of Jan when they still converted my account, I received the Arrival MC in the mail today! Why am I still in their system?!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Skypass, Delta, AA, US Air, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Thanks

Crazy

Lol
There is also Virgin Galactic... if you are heading that direction!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:00 pm

I finally got my CC on Thurs 1/23. I applied for it Wed 1/8 and got an email saying I would receive my welcome packet in 7-10 business days. If you don't count MLK, then I got it exactly in 10 business days. Mine arrive via USPS not UPS.

Has anyone had issues using the card?

I used it for the first time last night and everything was fine. Transaction went through without a problem. Used it to pay for dinner.

I just tried using it online to pay a bill and I got an error saying my account was invalid. I tried several times and double checked all account info. It was all correctly entered. Ended up using another CC to pay the bill online.

I reached out to Comenity via their website, but wanted to know if anyone else was having issues using the card for online purchases. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:41 pm

I contacted Mint.com to ask them to add support for this card. They said they need to get the same request from at least 5 other people before they will consider it. So if you use Mint.com and want it to support this card, send them an email about it!

You can contact them using the "Contact Mint" button near the bottom of this page:
https://wwws.mint.com/support.event
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Your duplicate post (standalone thread) has been deleted, as cross-posting is prohibited on FlyerTalk. Your post is likely to get more attention here, as members are aware of this discussion.

Thanks,

JDiver
senior moderator

Originally Posted by aschran
I contacted Mint.com to ask them to add support for this card. They said they need to get the same request from at least 5 other people before they will consider it. So if you use Mint.com and want it to support this card, send them an email about it!

You can contact them using the "Contact Mint" button near the bottom of this page:
https://wwws.mint.com/support.event
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Elevate, B6 TrueBlue, DL SkyMiles
I have to be honest. I'm becoming hesitant to apply for this card. Comenity Bank seems like such a crap-fest, and I'd hate to apply for this card only to have VX suddenly drop Comenity and switch banks again. I'm going to guess that the reason for the switch was because the marketing deal with Comenity was cheaper that with Barclays, and their contract with Barclays was up and VX didn't renew. However, you get what you pay for. I think I'm going to wait awhile before applying, perhaps not until the summer.

In other news, I finally got the Barclays Arrival Card on Friday. Such a useless card when it comes to rewards. I'd much rather have it be like AMEX Membership Rewards where I could just transfer points to VX (or other airlines or loyalty programs). I may send them that suggestion.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vxflyer
I have to be honest. I'm becoming hesitant to apply for this card. Comenity Bank seems like such a crap-fest, and I'd hate to apply for this card only to have VX suddenly drop Comenity and switch banks again. I'm going to guess that the reason for the switch was because the marketing deal with Comenity was cheaper that with Barclays, and their contract with Barclays was up and VX didn't renew. However, you get what you pay for. I think I'm going to wait awhile before applying, perhaps not until the summer.

In other news, I finally got the Barclays Arrival Card on Friday. Such a useless card when it comes to rewards. I'd much rather have it be like AMEX Membership Rewards where I could just transfer points to VX (or other airlines or loyalty programs). I may send them that suggestion.
Imagine if they do that and have to switch everyone again. There will be some kind of thank you for putting up with this....again.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:04 am

I have had my new VX (Comenity) Premium Card for about 3 weeks now. I got the 25k elevate point offer. I use the card exclusively and have had no problems online, or anywhere else^. Card quality is poor, but my numbers have not rubbed off and they are sending me a new one. I have had the occasion to call Comentity cust service a few times, and I think they have been GREAT..far better than Barclays. I called yesterday to confirm the 25k elevate point offer, and it had been previously noted in my account.

So, wait for a good offer if you want to, but the card works pretty much as advertised. The 5k transaction limit (not a daily limit, a transaction limit) might bother some, but I havent found much to spend $5k on in one transaction.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pilot05
I have had my new VX (Comenity) Premium Card for about 3 weeks now. I got the 25k elevate point offer. I use the card exclusively and have had no problems online, or anywhere else^. Card quality is poor, but my numbers have not rubbed off and they are sending me a new one. I have had the occasion to call Comentity cust service a few times, and I think they have been GREAT..far better than Barclays. I called yesterday to confirm the 25k elevate point offer, and it had been previously noted in my account.

So, wait for a good offer if you want to, but the card works pretty much as advertised. The 5k transaction limit (not a daily limit, a transaction limit) might bother some, but I havent found much to spend $5k on in one transaction.
I haven't gotten *any* offers to apply for this card!

About the card: The name and account number is just printed on the card and not embossed like a normal credit card?

EDIT: Actually, I could see why it wouldn't be. The machines that emboss cards are probably not capable of doing it with the card in a vertical orientation, and if it were, the embossment of the card would interfere with the magnetic stripe which is still horizontal.

Last edited by vxflyer; Jan 26, 2014 at 9:17 am
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Imagine if they do that and have to switch everyone again. There will be some kind of thank you for putting up with this....again.
Ha, if they do that again, they'd better make a deal with the new bank to take on all the current cardholders automatically and not make people apply again.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:16 am

I haven't gotten *any* offers to apply for this card!

About the card: The name and account number is just printed on the card and not embossed like a normal credit card?

EDIT: Actually, I could see why it wouldn't be. The machines that emboss cards are probably not capable of doing it with the card in a vertical orientation, and if it were, the embossment of the card would interfere with the magnetic stripe which is still horizontal.
Name and Numbers are printed (not embossed) on the card..perhaps for the reason you mentioned..Embossing would certainly interfere with the mag strip. They probably gaffed by choosing a portrait orientation...too many issues (numbers names,etc), and when people accept it, they're more annoyed with having to to turn it than anything else. People often commented on the look of the old Barclays VX card, but I always thought the numbers were hard to read.

I think anyone who applies for the new card gets the 10k/15k (base/premium) elevate point offer on the new card.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Not to take this thread in a different direction, but has anyone received their new non-premium VX Visa card yet? I signed up on 1/8, with approval (matching my same credit limit on the old VX Visa, just to make mention as I know that was a discussion point), and a quote of 7-10 business days, which has since passed and no arrival.

I see a fair number of posts discussing the card quality of the premium card, but can't say I've seen a thread mentioning anyone who has received the non-premium.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Gotta love Comenity. Just had my first statement close, before I even got the card. They're charging me the annual fee for my card before I'm even able to use it!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Gotta love Comenity. Just had my first statement close, before I even got the card. They're charging me the annual fee for my card before I'm even able to use it!
I guess I was much luckier than you. I finally had 2 days to use it prior to the statement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.