Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Possible shots fired at LAX - VX terminal

Its on the news now. There are injuries

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...230220201.html

Mods feel free to close if necessary as its currently being discussed in Travel Safety & Security

Gunman opens fire at LAX terminal 3 -- TSA screener & others shots

Last edited by CDKing; Nov 1, 2013 at 1:10 pm
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
thoughts go out to those hurt and to the family of the TSA agent killed. Pretty surreal to see all this on TV when I go through that airport every week...including this sunday. I guess we will see how long it takes the national air network to recover.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Bad juju for VX. OZ 214 @ SFO and now this at their terminal in LAX.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
Bad juju for VX. OZ 214 @ SFO
What does what some other airline having an incident have to do with Virgin America?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by stewardo
What does what some other airline having an incident have to do with Virgin America?
Some news outlets were initially reporting that the incident took place at the Virgin America counter. There are definitely other airlines in the same terminal.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cringle
Some news outlets were initially reporting that the incident took place at the Virgin America counter. There are definitely other airlines in the same terminal.
Yeah, not really seeing how an OZ flight in SFO has anything to do with VX.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Yeah, not really seeing how an OZ flight in SFO has anything to do with VX.
Just saying that it's bad luck... that all these incidents are happening at airports that VX serves.

SFO = VX home base
LAX T3 = VX focus city & terminal
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:28 am

Essentially half their network mabye more is now down. I guess they can ferry aircraft around but its going to cost them quite a bit.

In this situation do they book out of towners into hotels? I remember they did have a partnership with the Hilton LAX few years ago...
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: Airplanes!
Possible shots fired at LAX - VX terminal

I was scheduled to fly out of that terminal on VX last night. I tried calling in to see what would happen to my reservation but I couldn't get through because their call center was overloaded. Thankfully VX sent out an email to me informing me the flight was canceled about 4 hours prior to takeoff time. They also issued a travel voucher allowing full refund or free itinerary change. I was able to cancel and get a full refund seamlessly on my phone. Thank you VX for handling this extraordinary circumstance so well.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:21 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read that the LAX T3 ticket counters are open and passengers should check in there, but the airside portion of the terminal remains closed. What terminal are passengers going to to catch buses to the remote stands?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
their websites say departing passengers go to the ticket counters and then they will be directed to "alternate gates." possibly onto buses and out to remote gates or to another terminal perhaps.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
I read that the LAX T3 ticket counters are open and passengers should check in there, but the airside portion of the terminal remains closed. What terminal are passengers going to to catch buses to the remote stands?
Guests check-in at T-3 and are being directed to our aircraft parked remotely at Tom Bradley Intl Terminal.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
Guests check-in at T-3 and are being directed to our aircraft parked remotely at Tom Bradley Intl Terminal.
What is the explanation for the continuing closure of the terminal?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:31 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
What is the explanation for the continuing closure of the terminal?
FBI is continuing to investigate the crime scene.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
They're using TBIT instead of the remote stands on the west end where VX parks them overnight? That's really odd....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.