Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying First class soon...food movies?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
I have pretty severe canine allergies and was forced to sit in first with a very large "emotional support" pit bull taking up my leg room for nearly the entire flight. It just laid basically in front of my chair the whole time. Frustrating as I couldn't really raise the leg rest and spent most of the flight with itchy eyes and trying not to get to get hives (which happens).
I would have asked the owner to move his/her dog out of my space so that I could use all of my seat and space. I can't stand this "emotional support animal" fraud. Apparently a new "need" that human beings only started to have five or so years ago.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Silly question... is this the same menu for ALL west coast N/S flights? Or different catering for Mexico flights?

Will be going SFO-SJD-SFO in two weeks. Wondering what the menu will look like.

Originally Posted by pcoll
Menu for North/South.
Los Angeles/San Francisco and Seattle

Breakfast North bound. (Los Angeles to Seattle)
Lemon ricotta Pancakes or
Protein Plate

Lunch and Dinner

Herb Roasted Chicken Salad. Or
Protein Plate

South Bound
Seattle to LAX or SFO

Breakfast. (Flights before 10 am)

Portobello Breakfast Sandwich
Or
Protein Plate

Lunch and dinner Flights after 10 am
Prosciutto and Asparagus Salad
Lettuce, prosciutto, asparagus tips, grapes, apricots and grape tomatoes. Sides of Marcona almonds, lemon vinaigrette and pecorino cheese.

Protein Plate - Ours seemed to be catered from LAX
(Does not match menu description )
We had....
Camembert and sharp cheddar cheeses, cage free hard boiled egg half, grapes,
Sliced cucumbers, baby carrot, olives and strawberry half.
Side of hummus, mixed nuts and 3 mini pitas.
(All in F chose this option ).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by gobears293
Silly question... is this the same menu for ALL west coast N/S flights? Or different catering for Mexico flights?

I avoid working Mexico flights, so I don't know what the exact menu is, but I know this is not the menu used for SJD. There are two main entrees different from these on the southbound leg and then a menu unique to Mexico on the northbound leg. Sorry I don't have the specific menu. If I get a chance to search for it, I will post it.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
I avoid working Mexico flights, so I don't know what the exact menu is, but I know this is not the menu used for SJD. There are two main entrees different from these on the southbound leg and then a menu unique to Mexico on the northbound leg. Sorry I don't have the specific menu. If I get a chance to search for it, I will post it.
OK great. No sorry needed. Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by gobears293

To SJD the entrée options are Linguini with Ahi Tuna OR Southwestern Ziti Pasta

From SJD the entrée optons are Camarones à la Diabla OR Oyster Mushroom Cutlet

Enjoy!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Seems so.
We flew Friday and there were no bottles of water at seat. Asked for water after 10,000 "bing".
Side note: We had four dogs on board our flight, including a yellow lab.
All were "service animals" so no containment. All were on laps, except Lab which was at feet of family traveling in coach .
One was in First Class, which I think is against VX policy. Gate Agent seemed flustered when FA pointed out that 4 were on board.
Glad there was no further delay, (already late). All dogs were well behaved.
Pets in Cabin are not allowed in F but "emotional support animals" and proper service animals are allowed in any cabin due to anti-discrimination laws. Unfortunately until more incidents like the one on delta are publicised people will refuse to leave their pets at home/at a kennel and will find loopholes like "emotional support" to bring them with, at the expense of the animal and the other passengers.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:49 pm

I have a few questions about flying F on VX, since I have never flown F before. Do they take orders and serve the snack basket in a certain order each time? Also I keep hearing about how the run out of a certain meal selection and you might get stuck with what option is left. How many of each meal option to they have on flights? Lastly, if they run out of a meal selection can you just order something from the main cabin menu instead or would that cost extra? Sorry for all of the questions
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brettsir
Pets in Cabin are not allowed in F but "emotional support animals" and proper service animals are allowed in any cabin due to anti-discrimination laws. Unfortunately until more incidents like the one on delta are publicised people will refuse to leave their pets at home/at a kennel and will find loopholes like "emotional support" to bring them with, at the expense of the animal and the other passengers.
If I had to guess, and this is 100% my opinion, I would say 90% of emotional support animals are false. People trying to avoid the pet fee. Something needs to be done. They need to be certified same as true service dogs. When you can go online and buy a stupid vest that says support animal with no certification required, something is wrong with the syste. And it only hurts those with true emotional support animals.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
I have a few questions about flying F on VX, since I have never flown F before. Do they take orders and serve the snack basket in a certain order each time? Also I keep hearing about how the run out of a certain meal selection and you might get stuck with what option is left. How many of each meal option to they have on flights? Lastly, if they run out of a meal selection can you just order something from the main cabin menu instead or would that cost extra? Sorry for all of the questions
The meal orders are supposed to be taken from 1A - 2F on eastbound flights and the reverse on westbound flights, with Gold members and full fare guests getting first choice. This is the way I do it. However, it varies depending on the crew, so don't count on it always taking place in this order. There are 4 protein options and 3 veggie options on regular routes and 5 protein, 2 veggie and 2 salad options on premium routes.

You can order whatever you want from the main cabin, as long as it not sold out. But I would highly suggest eating whatever is in First Class, because a little cheese box or a chicken sandwich won't be as good. Although ordering a cheese box with your First Class meal is always nice If I'm working, I'll get you whatever you want.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:17 pm

The meal orders are supposed to be taken from 1A - 2F on eastbound flights and the reverse on westbound flights, with Gold members and full fare guests getting first choice. This is the way I do it. However, it varies depending on the crew, so don't count on it always taking place in this order. There are 4 protein options and 3 veggie options on regular routes and 5 protein, 2 veggie and 2 salad options on premium routes.

You can order whatever you want from the main cabin, as long as it not sold out. But I would highly suggest eating whatever is in First Class, because a little cheese box or a chicken sandwich won't be as good. Although ordering a cheese box with your First Class meal is always nice If I'm working, I'll get you whatever you want.
You're amazing thank you for answering my questions! Our family of 4 are hoping to fly home from Hawaii (HNL) next June and thought F Class would be a nice way to end our vacation. Fingers crossed that VX is still flying that route because AS was not something we were planning on lol. I do have a follow up question if that is ok? Our kids will be 16 and 12 at the time, is it uncommon to have kids that age in first class and would it be weird if they weren't digging the meal selections offered?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS

I hope,you work our next flight!! I ❤️ love your attitude.
Last flight it seemed like FA took food orders from the most "demanding" passengers first. They were 2C,2D. Asked for snacks before take off. Loud and rowdy through our flight.
We are paid F, and it is easy to see which seats are empty 24 hours out.
Really do like VX and will sorely miss F when it gets dismantled .
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:07 am

I hope,you work our next flight!! I ❤️ love your attitude.
Last flight it seemed like FA took food orders from the most "demanding" passengers first. They were 2C,2D. Asked for snacks before take off. Loud and rowdy through our flight.
We are paid F, and it is easy to see which seats are empty 24 hours out.
Really do like VX and will sorely miss F when it gets dismantled .
Hopefully it won't until after June 2018 because we were really looking forward to experiencing this on our flight home from vacation next year. I really don't want to have to fly AS instead :/
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
You're amazing thank you for answering my questions! Our family of 4 are hoping to fly home from Hawaii (HNL) next June and thought F Class would be a nice way to end our vacation. Fingers crossed that VX is still flying that route because AS was not something we were planning on lol. I do have a follow up question if that is ok? Our kids will be 16 and 12 at the time, is it uncommon to have kids that age in first class and would it be weird if they weren't digging the meal selections offered?
Recently flew HNL-LAX in F with family. Unfortunately their were no "kid friendly" meals offered. Was very surprised at this as it's a popular family route. I found the adult choices lacking too (Salmon and an Indian-style dish. No land-based meats or pasta.) The FA was kind enough to supply us with a "Jetset Kid Pack" from the back, but that wasn't a full meal. They supplied us with warm but strangely stale chocolate chip cookies towards landing.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Recently flew HNL-LAX in F with family. Unfortunately their were no "kid friendly" meals offered. Was very surprised at this as it's a popular family route. I found the adult choices lacking too (Salmon and an Indian-style dish. No land-based meats or pasta.) The FA was kind enough to supply us with a "Jetset Kid Pack" from the back, but that wasn't a full meal. They supplied us with warm but strangely stale chocolate chip cookies towards landing.
That's why I was wondering if it was considered rude to order something from the main seating menu if the kids do not end up eating the provided F
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: AS
That's why I was wondering if it was considered rude to order something from the main seating menu if the kids do not end up eating the provided F
We flew VX F yesterday. Great service from FA in charge. included glass of water with meal tray ^.
Wanted to try small cheese box from Y as was recommended previously.
Request was accepted with smile and quickly filled by rear FA.

VX is miles ahead of AS in the service of this request. Item taken to front galley and then presented on tray with new napkin and silverware.
(On AS, I have had the. F&C just dropped on my lap as FA walked to forward galley)
Now, the quality of F&C from VX is not great. Includes grapes and 2 slices of apple. These were frozen solid. Pack of crackers has gritty texture. Now the cheeses themselves were great. All were very tasty.
I guess rear galley may have temp issue in cart stowage.
We really enjoyed this trip. Will miss VX F when it gets reconfigured.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.