Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying First class soon...food movies?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:38 pm

Are they still doing the ice cream on trans-con flights? Flew SFO-JFK and EWR to LAX, no Ice Cream. Was excited to try their "special flavor."
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
are the food choices still the same as listed on the website? I think they usually do a change in september but I cant remember when that happens.

Dijon Chicken with Wild Mushrooms
Rigatoni with Fava Beans
Roasted Chicken Salad
Seared Salmon with Lemon Pesto
Creamy Herb Polenta
Grilled Chicken Breast in Chiptole
Green Enchiladas
Herbed Chicken Salad
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by BAR423
are the food choices still the same as listed on the website? I think they usually do a change in september but I cant remember when that happens.

Rigatoni with Fava Beans
Roasted Chicken Salad
Creamy Herb Polenta
Green Enchiladas
Herbed Chicken Salad
They love their tapenade at VX. Last time I flew them, it was like an olive festival.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:55 pm

Rigatoni with Fava Beans
Roasted Chicken Salad
Creamy Herb Polenta
Green Enchiladas
Herbed Chicken Salad

This is the current menu.

The new menu begins in early September.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
This is the current menu.

The new menu begins in early September.
Thanks! would love to know the items when you have them. Flying East to West Coast in the evening and West to East Coast in the morning.

And another trip will be east to west morning and west to east evening.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:47 pm

Thanks! would love to know the items when you have them. Flying East to West Coast in the evening and West to East Coast in the morning.

And another trip will be east to west morning and west to east evening.

The new menu starts Sep 8.

Westbound Lunch/Dinner:

App: Orange Pistachio Salad

Entree: Grilled Filet of Beef
or
Deconstructed Vegetable Pot Pie
or
Marrakesh Chicken Salad (Premium Markets)

Dess: Cherry Almond Bar

Eastbound Lunch/Dinner:

App: Grilled Mushroom Medley

Entree: Roasted Chicken with Artichokes
or
Spicy Ginger Pepper Noodles
or
Salmon Soy Ginger Salad (Premium Markets)

Dess: Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse (from LAX)
or
Ice Cream (from SFO)

The Eastbound Breakfast

Chive Cheese Omelet
or
Steel Cut Oatmel
or
Fruit & Yogurt Plate (Premium Markets)

The Westbound Breakfast

All American Breakfast (with eggs, potatoes, bacon strips)
or
Steel Cut Oatmeal
or
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

The new menu starts Sep 8.

Westbound Lunch/Dinner:

App: Orange Pistachio Salad

Entree: Grilled Filet of Beef
or
Deconstructed Vegetable Pot Pie
or
Marrakesh Chicken Salad (Premium Markets)

Dess: Cherry Almond Bar

Eastbound Lunch/Dinner:

App: Grilled Mushroom Medley

Entree: Roasted Chicken with Artichokes
or
Spicy Ginger Pepper Noodles
or
Salmon Soy Ginger Salad (Premium Markets)

Dess: Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse (from LAX)
or
Ice Cream (from SFO)

The Eastbound Breakfast

Chive Cheese Omelet
or
Steel Cut Oatmel
or

The Westbound Breakfast

All American Breakfast (with eggs, potatoes, bacon strips)
or
Steel Cut Oatmeal
or

Thank you, Looks/sounds great! The evening west bound flight will depart from PHL. Will Philly flights have the new menu since they're discontinuing service?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:10 pm

Thank you, Looks/sounds great! The evening west bound flight will depart from PHL. Will Philly flights have the new menu since they're discontinuing service?

As far as I know, all stations including PHL and DFW, which we are discontinuing, will have the new menu. I haven't heard otherwise.

Hope you enjoy the new menu!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA G
Is the eastbound ice cream from Humphry Slocombe?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by unavaca
Is the eastbound ice cream from Humphry Slocombe?
Yes it is. One of the flavors was onboard previously, as well as a new flavor.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:03 am
Original Poster

As far as I know, all stations including PHL and DFW, which we are discontinuing, will have the new menu. I haven't heard otherwise.

Hope you enjoy the new menu!
Thank you for your responses. Looking forward to my upcoming flights. Just wish they were all out of Philly and didn't have to drive to Newark but oh well, love flying long haul flights in virgin first class!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:34 am

Thank you for your responses. Looking forward to my upcoming flights. Just wish they were all out of Philly and didn't have to drive to Newark but oh well, love flying long haul flights in virgin first class!

I think we're more disappointed about PHL than you are! The layover in PHL was amazing. Now we're stuck with EWR hotel =(

Hope to see you onboard!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA G
Yes it is. One of the flavors was onboard previously, as well as a new flavor.
Woohoo! Love their ice cream. Thanks for the update.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:13 am

Personally, I am saddened and shocked with what Virgin America has done with their First Class food on the shorter haul flights, mostly SFO to SEA. They have removed it COMPLETELY! Having flown them from the beginning, I have seen the subtle and then the huge cutbacks, but this is ridiculous. Now, your flight attendant gives you a towel to wash your hands, and then, wait for it, you get to choose a packaged UNHEALTHY snack, such as chips or cookies. What's worse is, if you ask for anything from the back such as the protein pack, etc, you are told to wait until the end of the flight to see if there's anything left over. I have been told the food was removed in order to spend the money on competitive Transcon routes.

I know the flight crew member on here will say to send a letter. I have twice, including to the Catering Manager and have received nothing back in exchange.

It is really sad to see this service diminished to even less than the competition is doing. Even United is bringing back "luxury" food to the First Class section on shorter haul flights. Delta is really offering competition on this route, so I do hope Virgin America takes a long hard look at their offerings, LISTENS to their customers and makes the changes.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by LPLP
Personally, I am saddened and shocked with what Virgin America has done with their First Class food on the shorter haul flights, mostly SFO to SEA. They have removed it COMPLETELY! Having flown them from the beginning, I have seen the subtle and then the huge cutbacks, but this is ridiculous. Now, your flight attendant gives you a towel to wash your hands, and then, wait for it, you get to choose a packaged UNHEALTHY snack, such as chips or cookies. What's worse is, if you ask for anything from the back such as the protein pack, etc, you are told to wait until the end of the flight to see if there's anything left over. I have been told the food was removed in order to spend the money on competitive Transcon routes.

I know the flight crew member on here will say to send a letter. I have twice, including to the Catering Manager and have received nothing back in exchange.

It is really sad to see this service diminished to even less than the competition is doing. Even United is bringing back "luxury" food to the First Class section on shorter haul flights. Delta is really offering competition on this route, so I do hope Virgin America takes a long hard look at their offerings, LISTENS to their customers and makes the changes.

The full service returns to SFO/SEA with the new menu. It'll be a full meal like LAX/SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.