Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying First class soon...food movies?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:10 pm

No worries! Thank you anyway! I guess I may just stay with MCS for that route then!

With both Alaska and Delta both actually improve the offering on this route, and I wonder why VX can't catch up!

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:21 am

VX Hawaii to SFO Fall 2015 Menu

Fall 2015
Virgin America First Class Menu
“Hawaii” – Basically outbound flights from Hawaii

Lunch & Dinner
Flights from Honolulu & Maui

Cocktail Snack
Warm Macadamia Nuts

Island Cocktails
POG Mimosa

Makena Rum Cocktail

Appetizer
Grilled fresh pineapple, cunchy spiraled daikon radish, red beets, carrots, and creamy goat cheese
Contains dairy

Fresh Guava Rolls

Entrées
Miso Yaki Salmon
Char-boiled miso marinated wild salmon served with wasabi mash potatoes and ginger roasted carrots, crunchy bok choy and a light miso sauce
Contains fish and soy

Crispy Thai Chicken
Crispy macadamia nut crusted chicken served with roasted fingerling potatoes, sautéed carrots, green beans and mushrooms, with a tangy Thai chili sauce
Contains poultry and macadamia nuts

Spicy Ginger Pepper Noodles
Lo mein noodles with sautéed Chinese long beans, red bell peppers and onions topped with sautéed shiitake and oyster mushroom mix and a spicy garlic ginger pepper sauce, garnished with optional scallions and cilantro
Contains wheat

Dessert
Tropilicious Likikoi Ice Cream (Passion Fruit)
Contains dairy and sugar

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites
Nibble on a spread of delectable Dean & Deluca snacks throughout the flight

Chocolate Squares
Kettlecorn
Black Truffle Pretzels
Cajun Mix
Cranberry Nut Mix
Sea Salt Chips
Cashews
Sweet Fish

Midnight Snack
Served on all night flights from Maui

Tropical Smoothie Shot
Settle in after takeoff with a tropical smoothie shot of mango, pineapple, passionfruit, low fat yogurt, dragon fruit (pitaya), and strawberry
Contains dairy

Fresh Guava Rolls

Entrées
Portuguese Egg Strata
Portuguese sausage baked in fresh-eggs on flaky crust accompanied with sweet potato hash, roasted kobacha (Japanese Squash), onions and mushrooms
Contains wheat and egg

Fresh Fruit Plate
Green grape cluster, juicy watermelon, blueberries, and strawberries served with strawberry yogurt
Contains dairy

Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Hot steel cut oatmeal served with tangy lilikoi puree and toasty macadamia nuts
Contains nuts

Hot entrées are served with a fruit salad of fresh pineapple, kiwi, and orange.
Contains sugar
100F006 Hawaii-CYC3

Last edited by Carfield; Nov 5, 2015 at 5:59 pm
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:03 am

VX Premium Eastbound/West Coast to Hawaii Fall 2015

Fall 2015
Premium Eastbound/West Coast to Hawaii

Breakfast
Tropical Smoothie Shot
Settle in after takeoff with a tropical smoothie shot of mango, pineapple, passionfruit, low fat yogurt, dragonfruit, and honey
Contains dairy

Breakfast is served with a flaky butter croissant

Entrées
Spicy Scrambled Eggs
Fresh cage free scrambled eggs with mixed spices and herbs, topped with a dollop of herbed greek yogurt, served with mixed roasted root vegetables and chicken sun-dried tomato mozzarella sausage
Contains poultry and optional dairy

Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel cut oatmeal served with Greek yogurt, brown sugar, dried apricots, roasted sliced almonds, and currants
Contains optional sugar, nuts and dairy

Hot entrées are served with a fruit salad of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, oranges, walnuts, and peach rosemary syrup
Contains sugar and walnuts

Fruit Plate
Green grape clusters, pineapple, mangoes, grapefruit and orange segments, kiwi slices, papayas, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and optional Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds
Contains optional dairy

Lunch & Dinner
Flights departing after 10am

Cocktail Snack
Warm Mixed Nuts
Served with drinks after takeoff

Appetizer
Watercress Wild Mushroom salad with Smoked Salmon
Watercress and sautéed wild mushrooms with pickled tri colored sweet peppers, mango relish, and champagne citrus vinaigrette. Served with optional smoked salmon.
Contains optional salmon

Entrées
Korean Barbecue Short Rib
Grilled bulgogi marinated short rib with steamed rice, sautéed onions and scallions, sautéed zucchini, pickled watermelon radishes, and bulgogi sauce
Contains beef

Mixed Mushroom Ravioli
Savory mixed mushroom ravioli with sautéed Tuscan kale, sautéed wild mushrooms, brown butter sauce, parmesan cheese, Italian parsley, and pink peppercorns
Contains dairy and wheat

Thai Chicken Salad
Roasted chicken breast with mesclun mix lettuces, English cucumbers, julienned carrots, sliced mangoes, red grape tomatoes, and cilantro. Served with spicy lime herb vinaigrette and roasted cashews
Contains poultry, optional nuts, and trace amounts of fish in dressing

Dessert
Passion Fruit Pistachio Tart
Contains wheat, dairy, sugar, and nuts

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

Chocolate Squares
Kettlecorn
Black Truffle Pretzels
Cajun Mix
Cranberry Nut Mix
Sea Salt Chips
Cashews
Sweet Fish

10F004 Eastbound Premium-CYC3

Last edited by Carfield; Nov 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:03 am

VX Eastbound Fall 2015

Fall 2015
Eastbound

Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am

Entrées
Spicy Scrambled Eggs
Fresh cage free scrambled eggs with mixed spices and herbs, topped with a dollop of herbed greek yogurt, served with mixed roasted root vegetables and chicken sun-dried tomato mozzarella sausage
Contains poultry and optional dairy

Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel cut oatmeal served with Greek yogurt, brown sugar, dried apricots, roasted sliced almonds, and currants
Contains optional sugar, nuts and dairy

Hot entrées are served with a fruit salad of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, oranges, walnuts, and peach rosemary syrup
Contains sugar and walnuts

Lunch & Dinner

Appetizer
Watercress Wild Mushroom salad
Watercress and sautéed wild mushrooms with pickled tri colored sweet peppers, mango relish, and champagne citrus vinaigrette.

Entrées
Korean Barbecue Short Rib
Grilled bulgogi marinated short rib with steamed rice, sautéed onions and scallions, sautéed zucchini, pickled watermelon radishes, and bulgogi sauce
Contains beef

Mixed Mushroom Ravioli
Savory mixed mushroom ravioli with sautéed Tuscan kale, sautéed wild mushrooms, brown butter sauce, parmesan cheese, Italian parsley, and pink peppercorns
Contains dairy and wheat

Dessert
Passion Fruit Pistachio Tart
Contains wheat, dairy, sugar, and nuts

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

Chocolate Squares
Kettlecorn
Black Truffle Pretzels
Cajun Mix
Cranberry Nut Mix
Sea Salt Chips
Cashews
Sweet Fish

10F001 Eastbound-CYC3

Last edited by Carfield; Nov 22, 2015 at 3:53 pm
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:04 am

VX Dallas Love Field to East Coast Fall 2015

Fall 2015
Dallas to Washington DCA/New York La Guardia

Breakfast
Flights departing before 10am
Tropical Smoothie Shot
Settle in after takeoff with a tropical smoothie shot of mango, pineapple, passionfruit, low fat yogurt, dragonfruit, and honey
Contains dairy

Entrées
Brie and Leek Omelet
Cage fried egg omelet with sautéed leeks, chives, and brie cheese, smashed roasted fingerling herb potatoes, sautéed spinach and leeks, and optional chicken sun-dried tomato sausage
Contains optional poultry and dairy

Hot Steel Cut Oatmeal
Steel Cut Oatmeal served with Greek yogurt with raspberry, brown sugar, dried cranberries, golden raisins, and pecans
Contains optional sugar, nuts, and dairy

Entrée are served with a fruit salad of cranberry and red wine poached pears, blackberries, golden berries, and optional tangerine honey.
Contains sugar

Lunch & Dinner

Cocktail Snack
Warm Mixed Nuts
Served with drinks after takeoff

Appetizer
Simple Salad
Mesclun Mix with chive, chervil, and basil with cherry tomatoes. Served with balsamic and olive oil dressing.

Entrées
Roast Chicken
Lemon roasted herb chicken thigh, roasted Brussels sprouts, sautéed wild mushrooms, crispy pancetta, creamy herbed polenta, and demi mustard port wine sauce.
Contains dairy, wheat, pork and poultry

Mediterranean Noodle Soup
Linguini noodles with soup made of yellow split peas, garbanzo beans, lima beans, mixed spices, mixed herbs, spinach, lemon dill crčme fraiche, and parsley, scallion, cilantro, and lime garnish
Contains dairy and wheat

Dessert
Lemon Raspberry Cake
Contains sugar, wheat, and dairy

Snacks Anytime
Top Shelf Bites

Chocolate Squares
Kettlecorn
Black Truffle Pretzels
Cajun Mix
Cranberry Nut Mix
Sea Salt Chips
Cashews
Sweet Fish

10F005 DAL Eastbound-CYC3

Last edited by Carfield; Nov 5, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL GM
Thanks for posting the menus and pics, Carfield. The bulgogi looks pretty good!
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by chiefkays
Thanks for posting the menus and pics, Carfield. The bulgogi looks pretty good!
The bulgogi is in fact pretty good. I'm curious to try the ravioli, but I know I won't be able to resist ordering the bulgogi again when I fly tomorrow. My favorite VX meal in a while.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
Winter menus?

Does anyone know when the next menu switch is? I'm planning to fly in mid-December and end of December, will that still be fall menus?

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:44 pm

Does anybody else think the Dean & Deluca stuff is a bit of a downgrade from the previous offerings (which you can still get but they kind of don't like when you ask)?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:01 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Does anybody else think the Dean & Deluca stuff is a bit of a downgrade from the previous offerings (which you can still get but they kind of don't like when you ask)?
I think some of them are. The truffle pretzels or whatever are meh. The popcorn is sorta a downgrade, and random. Rather than Dean and Deluca chips, I'd rather have pop chips or Pringles, both available in the back.

Maybe it's my kid at heart speaking but I love the Swedish fish (and formerly gummy bears).
bags of nuts aren't that exciting
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:36 pm

The new first class menu is out on December 16. Dean & Delucca snacks are staying, but the main cabin snacks will be all new - the options look really good.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew
The new first class menu is out on December 16. Dean & Delucca snacks are staying, but the main cabin snacks will be all new - the options look really good.
Any teeny-tiny chance that SEA-LAX F has been beefed up? AS is nailing this, especially on the AM flights, where it's now a fruit plate, warmed Danish or cinnamon roll, and a hot egg dish with sides of starch and meat. The steel-cut oats are tasty enough, but let's face it, it's still gruel, and the cold protein plate is a suboptimal garlicky breakfast. Not sure if the lack of croissant on my last flight was an oversight, a catering error or evidence that AS, DL and UA are just way better at breakfast on this route.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Any teeny-tiny chance that SEA-LAX F has been beefed up? AS is nailing this, especially on the AM flights, where it's now a fruit plate, warmed Danish or cinnamon roll, and a hot egg dish with sides of starch and meat. The steel-cut oats are tasty enough, but let's face it, it's still gruel, and the cold protein plate is a suboptimal garlicky breakfast. Not sure if the lack of croissant on my last flight was an oversight, a catering error or evidence that AS, DL and UA are just way better at breakfast on this route.
Doesn't look be any changes for SEA. The efforts seem to be focused on the premium routes.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Any updates to the west coast lunch/dinner menu out of DAL? I have DAL-LAS and DAL-SFO in my immediate future.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by mctrees02
Any updates to the west coast lunch/dinner menu out of DAL? I have DAL-LAS and DAL-SFO in my immediate future.
DAL - West Coast flights current lunch/dinner menu is Spicy Korean Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.