Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX gate 25 at SAN?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

VX gate 25 at SAN?

Virgin America has been using Gate 25 at SAN since they started their ops to SFO.
I know they only operate a few daily flights but the gate area is a joke IMO . A few
months ago the waiting area was knocked out and replaced by a restaurant/bar. Only
a few seats remain near the podium otherwise one must sit in the nearby gates used
by Spirit. Is this a sign of things to come or just temporary? A bit puzzled since I hoped
VX would add more flights out of SAN .
Old May 16, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by mr27
Virgin America has been using Gate 25 at SAN since they started their ops to SFO.
I know they only operate a few daily flights but the gate area is a joke IMO . A few
months ago the waiting area was knocked out and replaced by a restaurant/bar. Only
a few seats remain near the podium otherwise one must sit in the nearby gates used
by Spirit. Is this a sign of things to come or just temporary? A bit puzzled since I hoped
VX would add more flights out of SAN .
Terminal 2 is undergoing construction and I think they're adding a few more gates and concessions, so I would say the situation is temporary. Terminal one has the same problems with no hot food places at all past security...
Old May 16, 2013, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I have noticed the construction for the new addition to Terminal 2. Hope its for
the better.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:18 am

Based on this: http://www.san.org/documents/cdp/new...sions_plan.pdf

... I wouldn't count on the old seating area at Gate 25 to come back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.