FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   Experience redeeming VX miles on International Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1453852-experience-redeeming-vx-miles-international-partners.html)

JAGMAP Feb 4, 2014 9:59 pm

Virgin America Partner Booking Desk

Virgin America Partner Booking Desk agents are phenomenal. Few interesting points based on a Virgin Australia booking between OZ/NZ:

- Queenstown, NZ isn't on Virgin Australia's city drop down list yet booked without issue
- Return from Queenstown to Sydney had no availability so agent suggested an open jaw from AKL @:-)
- Itinerary (SYD-ZQN & AKL-SYD) priced at 16,000 points and $121 in taxes (vs. SYD-AKL roundtrip would have priced same points but $180 in taxes)
- Received personalized email from booking agent with itinerary once VA acknowledged receipt
- Reservation isn't confirmed-confirmed until ticketing (1-3 business days)

All in all a great experience ^

UA Fan Feb 4, 2014 11:41 pm

How long did the whole procedure take?

JAGMAP Feb 5, 2014 1:11 am

Was on the phone 31 minutes which seems long, but I requested she check availability on EK, too. Agent shared VA's system response time is arduously slow (plausible being an Australia company :p)

aviationp Jun 8, 2014 1:42 pm

Singapore Airlines partner availability doesn't match up with the ANA tool. I checked for business class on Singapore - Bangkok, and there was a rather large mismatch in business class award availability.

Mister Nice Jun 9, 2014 9:08 am

I am totally confused - can I or can't I redeem on Singapore for A380 or 77W F class ?

Drolmala Oct 10, 2015 7:00 am

A couple of times every year Virgin Atlantic has a mileage rewards sale. If you redeem VX miles for a VS flight during the sale period does the rewards sale apply?

gooseman13 Oct 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Drolmala (Post 25544299)
A couple of times every year Virgin Atlantic has a mileage rewards sale. If you redeem VX miles for a VS flight during the sale period does the rewards sale apply?

No

Phil2016 Oct 13, 2015 12:48 pm

I spent 40 mins on the phone awaiting availability search on a single day on Singapore Air, only to be told there were no seats in any class on any of the 5 flights offered (HKG-SIN). Wasn't surprised to learn of no availability, but was surprised the hold time was that long.

shza Oct 16, 2015 1:17 am

Adding a data point: I just booked 4 upper class tix to LHR for next summer on VS, using Elevate points.

I had searched the VS site to find where there was availability for 4 UC tickets (none from SFO or LAX; lots from ORD, turns out), so I knew the exact flight I was asking about -- making this significantly easier.

But the agent was very competent and got it booked in maybe 15 minutes, including taking down some passport info for all four members of my family.

Nice Gold perk: if I need to change plans (e.g., if availability from SFO comes up), no change fee as long as it's 2 hours before takeoff; and if I need to outright cancel, I get all of my Elevate points back and they credit all of the fuel surcharges back to my card. So although it's "nonrefundable," it's actually 100% refundable.

UA Fan Oct 16, 2015 1:24 am

Can you mix VX on partner award bookings?

abeille Oct 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by shza (Post 25572413)
But the agent was very competent and got it booked in maybe 15 minutes, including taking down some passport info for all four members of my family.

Do you know who you dealt with at redemptions? I'll recommend Patti.

Originally Posted by shza (Post 25572413)
Nice Gold perk: if I need to change plans (e.g., if availability from SFO comes up), no change fee as long as it's 2 hours before takeoff; and if I need to outright cancel, I get all of my Elevate points back and they credit all of the fuel surcharges back to my card. So although it's "nonrefundable," it's actually 100% refundable.

Gold on VX or VS? I was also told it was non-refundable, and changes were $100.

shza Oct 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by abeille (Post 25575117)

Angela

Gold on VX, no status on VS (haven't flown it since 1999). She told me I'd need to go through VX for any change or cancellation, since VS wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

bayhouse Oct 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Patti is excellent!

Gold on VX gets you fee-free Elevate Reward cancellations, which includes Elevate Reward partner flights.

Mauibaby2008 Nov 8, 2015 8:04 am

Experience redeeming VX miles on International Partners

Could somebody point me in a direction of a partner award chart, specifically Singapore Airlines for VX redemptions? I can't seem to find it. Looking to fly NRT-SIN

UA Fan Nov 8, 2015 7:24 pm

deleted.