Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fee-free cancellation of upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

fee-free cancellation of upgrades?

I can cancel a ticket purchase fee-free within 24 hours of first making it, but what about paid upgrades? I bought a ticket a few weeks ago, went ahead and upgraded to Main Cabin Select for a fee today, and now won't be able to make the flight tomorrow. If I cancel now, can I get my upgrade fee back?

*Found the answer -- all fees are determined by the original (pre-upgrade) fare class rules.

Last edited by Mondoman; Jan 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:05 pm

That's nice enough VX lets you cancel within 24 hours for such a short notice flight- the law only makes them allow 24 hour cancellations if you bought you flight at least a week out. (Maybe 3 days domestic).
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
My understanding is that upgrade fees are completely non-refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.