Travel Bank Credit Options

Old Feb 9, 12, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Travel Bank Credit Options

Hey Guys-

I have an $800 travel bank credit for a cancelled flight due to a medical emergency a while back. I bought the ticket with my personal card- left the job at the time- and they wouldn't buy the credit back from me. (long story)

I fly DL 95% of the time personally and for my current position- And now live in NYC where VA doesnt really have a lot of flight options from.

Is this travel bank credit transferable? Frankly I'd just like to try to find a way to get most of the $ back than use it for travel.

Any idea how long i can leave it as a credit- If I did use it- I cant see a use for at least 12 mths out.

thx!
Old Feb 10, 12, 3:22 am

Credits are good for a year from issue, and yes, you can transfer it to someone else.
Old Feb 10, 13, 6:41 pm

transfer Travel Bank

How do you transfer the points ?

I called JetBlue and they just said to give the person your travel bank number and password.

Is this the best way?

thanks
Old Feb 10, 13, 6:52 pm

I don't know how Jetblue does it, but you can call with the person's account info that it would be transferred to. They need a verbal ok from you, since the credit is in your name.
Old Mar 7, 13, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
delete

Search this Thread