Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5,000 free points for their transition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

5,000 free points for their transition

Hope this applies to most if not all. Virgin America just sent an email stating an apology and offering 5,000 points. I logged on and behold there was an additional 5,000 points in my account. I didn't have that much trouble with the transition, a few minor things but it was expected.

I appreciated the gesture and I always get great service (well for the most part) when flying with Virgin.

A portion of the email:
Dear QSYH,

We recently transitioned to a new reservation and airport service platform, one of the largest operational changes an airline can undertake. Although the new system will ultimately improve the speed, reliability and functionality of our booking system and website, many of you may have been inconvenienced since we made the switch. Specifically, some guests experienced web functionality and airport check in issues, and some faced unacceptably long call hold times at our Call Center.

Your time is precious and as an airline that prides itself on its guest service, we apologize. To thank you for your patience, we have credited your Elevate account with 5,000 Elevate points* — the equivalent of a round-trip short-haul flight — for your use at any time, with no blackout dates. These points will be reflected in your total balance and you will be able to use them beginning today, although it may take a week for you to see the detail in your online account activity.

Last edited by QSYH; Nov 19, 2011 at 4:57 pm
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I got nothing
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

I talked to a few friends since they normally fly Virgin, some got the same email as me. I am assuming those who flew during the transition were offered the points.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'm still trying to get my GILT purchase points posted.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I flew LAX <> FLL on the 13th and FLL <> LAX on the 19th...I also twittered with @VirginAmerica on Twitter after waiting on hold for support for 1.5 hours. I received the 5,000 points as well although I may go back and ask for more. Not used to being inconvenienced quite so much.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by QSYH
I talked to a few friends since they normally fly Virgin, some got the same email as me. I am assuming those who flew during the transition were offered the points.
My gf got the points, but I haven't, and we always take the same VX flights.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by cwilson830
My gf got the points, but I haven't, and we always take the same VX flights.
Send them an email. I think interaction with customer service may have triggered it. In my case I had to call in and speak with someone and complained to the @VirginAmerica twitter.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by toast24
Send them an email. I think interaction with customer service may have triggered it. In my case I had to call in and speak with someone and complained to the @VirginAmerica twitter.
K I'll try that - thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Tried that, they said no. It's only for passengers who have flown between certain dates. I'll be flying tommorow, let's see what happenes.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 4:00 pm

Logged into my account today to e-mail them, and the points were there. ^
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Flown on VX during the Veteran's Day weekend. There were website issues galore, the check-in process had to be completed at the airport and the flight was the worst I've been on. It was major failure with operations on a Sunday night. I complained at airport check-in and I guess VX heard me and others. Within 3 days, the compensation points were distributed into my account.

That Sunday night of my flight, there was almost nonstop turbulence on a transcon flight together with a parking error at the gate, where the plane was misaligned to the jet bridge. I thought the flight crew must have been new to the route and to the airport terminal as well. I almost thought the compensation points were due to the bad flight rather than website issues.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I guess they're not too concerned about folks trying to make a reservation but couldn't. One failure can be any company as they're doing on-line updates. But website failures spanning a couple of days is not good.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: VX, AA, Amex Platinum,Amex Gold, HHonors Diamond , Marriott Plat Elite, Chase CSP
I flew out of LAX on Sunday and it was a Zoo, because you couldn't check in on-line made worse by holiday travelers. I fly again tomorrow. I just logged in to buy a ticket, and I got nothing.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:06 am

How long did it take your points to post to your account? It's been 6 days for me, and still nothing. I contacted them, and they said it may take 7 days? Not sure why...
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Rutgerskid
How long did it take your points to post to your account? It's been 6 days for me, and still nothing. I contacted them, and they said it may take 7 days? Not sure why...
Mine posted the next day from receiving the email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.