FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   5,000 free points for their transition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1282300-5-000-free-points-their-transition.html)

QSYH Nov 19, 2011 4:37 pm

5,000 free points for their transition

Hope this applies to most if not all. Virgin America just sent an email stating an apology and offering 5,000 points. I logged on and behold there was an additional 5,000 points in my account. I didn't have that much trouble with the transition, a few minor things but it was expected.

I appreciated the gesture and I always get great service (well for the most part) when flying with Virgin.

A portion of the email:
Dear QSYH,

We recently transitioned to a new reservation and airport service platform, one of the largest operational changes an airline can undertake. Although the new system will ultimately improve the speed, reliability and functionality of our booking system and website, many of you may have been inconvenienced since we made the switch. Specifically, some guests experienced web functionality and airport check in issues, and some faced unacceptably long call hold times at our Call Center.

Your time is precious and as an airline that prides itself on its guest service, we apologize. To thank you for your patience, we have credited your Elevate account with 5,000 Elevate points* — the equivalent of a round-trip short-haul flight — for your use at any time, with no blackout dates. These points will be reflected in your total balance and you will be able to use them beginning today, although it may take a week for you to see the detail in your online account activity.

LovetoTravel83 Nov 19, 2011 6:01 pm

I got nothing :(

QSYH Nov 19, 2011 6:12 pm

I talked to a few friends since they normally fly Virgin, some got the same email as me. I am assuming those who flew during the transition were offered the points.

Eastbay1K Nov 19, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm still trying to get my GILT purchase points posted. :mad:

toast24 Nov 21, 2011 12:33 pm

I flew LAX <> FLL on the 13th and FLL <> LAX on the 19th...I also twittered with @VirginAmerica on Twitter after waiting on hold for support for 1.5 hours. I received the 5,000 points as well although I may go back and ask for more. Not used to being inconvenienced quite so much.

cwilson830 Nov 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by QSYH (Post 17482623)
I talked to a few friends since they normally fly Virgin, some got the same email as me. I am assuming those who flew during the transition were offered the points.

My gf got the points, but I haven't, and we always take the same VX flights. :confused:

toast24 Nov 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by cwilson830 (Post 17519670)
My gf got the points, but I haven't, and we always take the same VX flights. :confused:

Send them an email. I think interaction with customer service may have triggered it. In my case I had to call in and speak with someone and complained to the @VirginAmerica twitter.

cwilson830 Nov 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by toast24 (Post 17520161)
Send them an email. I think interaction with customer service may have triggered it. In my case I had to call in and speak with someone and complained to the @VirginAmerica twitter.

K I'll try that - thanks.

LovetoTravel83 Nov 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Tried that, they said no. It's only for passengers who have flown between certain dates. I'll be flying tommorow, let's see what happenes.

cwilson830 Nov 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Logged into my account today to e-mail them, and the points were there. ^

tonywestsider Nov 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Flown on VX during the Veteran's Day weekend. There were website issues galore, the check-in process had to be completed at the airport and the flight was the worst I've been on. It was major failure with operations on a Sunday night. I complained at airport check-in and I guess VX heard me and others. Within 3 days, the compensation points were distributed into my account.

That Sunday night of my flight, there was almost nonstop turbulence on a transcon flight together with a parking error at the gate, where the plane was misaligned to the jet bridge. I thought the flight crew must have been new to the route and to the airport terminal as well. I almost thought the compensation points were due to the bad flight rather than website issues. :D

steve64 Nov 28, 2011 10:44 pm

I guess they're not too concerned about folks trying to make a reservation but couldn't. One failure can be any company as they're doing on-line updates. But website failures spanning a couple of days is not good.

Deeloveli Nov 28, 2011 11:24 pm

I flew out of LAX on Sunday and it was a Zoo, because you couldn't check in on-line made worse by holiday travelers. I fly again tomorrow. I just logged in to buy a ticket, and I got nothing.

Rutgerskid Nov 30, 2011 9:06 am

How long did it take your points to post to your account? It's been 6 days for me, and still nothing. I contacted them, and they said it may take 7 days? Not sure why...

toast24 Dec 1, 2011 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Rutgerskid (Post 17540026)
How long did it take your points to post to your account? It's been 6 days for me, and still nothing. I contacted them, and they said it may take 7 days? Not sure why...

Mine posted the next day from receiving the email.