Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America's New System

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, US DM, El Al, SW RR
"Please hold... Expected wait time: over 3 hours." And that's when their call center closes in 30 minutes.

(No, I didn't wait. I hung up.)

Tried a bit later to place an order on the website, failed at the last step. "Please call our center...."

Last edited by Binba; Nov 2, 2011 at 12:31 am
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:37 am
Original Poster

They are open 24 hours for the next few days. Through the 4th, I think.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, US DM, El Al, SW RR
After hitting option 0 and saying it's for Domestic, there's no option to hold at all... "the number you have dialed is temporarily unavailable. Please check your number or try again later." <click>

Does seem like all their computer systems got demolished. If it wasn't sad it'd be funny.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
Yes, sad situation. It's bad enough that they're competing against the legacies in tough markets, but right now, they are their own worst competition.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:30 pm

My paid tickets seem to be gone. Can't make new reservation. Phone system stinks. What were they thinking?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
I flew out of SFO to JFK yesterday and all the check-in kiosks were out of order; everyone needed to check in with a rep. Line moved relatively quickly though.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: BD, USAir, BA, Iberia, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by TPJ
Poor Navitaire folks - are about to loose another airline client...
Well, better safe than sorry...
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Sigh. Can't upgrade from MC to MCS at check-in. Get all the way through and get this error after final purchase:

There was an error processing your request. Please see details below:

Sorry, we're unable to process your transaction online for Seat Upgrade. Please call 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (1.877.359.8474) between the hours of 3:30am - 11:30pm Pacific Time and we'll be glad to assist you.
Of course, can't even get through to that number as I keep being asked to call back later and the line goes dead.

Any suggestions on why seat upgrades are failing...?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC*SE
After a ~90-minute hold, CSR was able to upgrade me over the phone. Indicated seat upgrades weren't possible online for the time being due to the Sabre migration. (By that point, 3 out of the 4 MCS seats left had been nabbed by others having to phone in so I luckily grabbed the last one.)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
While my experience was annoying, everything went smoothly at the airports. The kiosks were shut down, but the lines for the reps were short, and I was able to upgrade my outbound.

I hope they learn from this and avoid a repeat next time they need to modify their systems. VX remains my favorite domestic airline, by far.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
There were maybe 15-20 pax in line at the SFO ticket counter at 9:45 last night, which didn't seem terrible. But Wednesday night is hardly a peak time.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:09 pm

Did the new system also remove the Expiration Date for the Elevate points?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:14 am

any updates on how things are going now? ie kiosks working, long lines etc. I have a flight with them next week.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
any updates on how things are going now? ie kiosks working, long lines etc. I have a flight with them next week.
Kiosks at SFO were in use from what I saw yesterday. But the "pardon us" sign was also still up.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EP, UA MM
I'm unable to access my account online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.