Vanguard to discontinue MSP service?

Old Mar 8, 01, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, Amtrak, VIA
Vanguard to discontinue MSP service?

I was looking for future flights on the Vanguard website and every time I requested a MSP flight after 04-01-01 it showed "sorry no flights".
Old Mar 11, 01, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA, HH, SPG
When AirTran and ATA began flying between MDW and MSP, Vanguard apparentlyhad too much competition from two other low cost carriers and pulled out of that market. That left only MSP/MCI. Apparently, that was not sufficient to justify maintaining a station in MSP. Their last flight to MCI is 3/31.

It appears that Vanguard does not have a particularly good marketing plan. Time after time they go into a city or establish a route and then have to pull out. It's too bad. Given this degree of inconsistency, it is amazing to me they have made it this far.
Old Mar 14, 01, 4:33 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Low-fare carrier Vanguard Airlines will drop its Twin Cities flights at the end of the month.

The Kansas City, Mo.-based airline pulled its Twin Cities to Chicago service in September, keeping two daily direct flights between Kansas City and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Those flights will stop after March 31, spokesman Alan Carr confirmed.

Vanguard's flights to Chicago, which started in May 1995, were among the most popular before AirTran Airways and American Trans Air introduced low-fare service to Chicago's Midway Airport.
http://biz.yahoo.com/apf/010314/vanguard.html

Search this Thread