Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Need help – adding more pages to US Passport

Need help – adding more pages to US Passport

Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
So if I were to "walk" in the US Embassy in Tokyo, what should I expect.Do I just walk in (without appointment) and mention I need more passport pages?
Basically, yes.

I suspect I can fill out the form prior to arriving and walk up?
Yes, this should be fine.

i have 0 pages free, and need a visa to Cambodia, but I think it is an EVisa, so i might not need sticker space. http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/index.aspx

Can I peel other stickers out of my passport?
I last went to Cambodia in 2002, but when I was there, thy took a full page for the visa. I'm not sure what form an e-visa takes, but you'll most surely get a stamp in your passport for entry and departure.

I would under no circumstances peel stickers out of your passport. I'd be nervous to get in trouble for tampering with a government document.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ajax
I would under no circumstances peel stickers out of your passport. I'd be nervous to get in trouble for tampering with a government document.
I wouldn't do that either. "Getting in trouble" is the general problem. Specifically, any immigration officer that detects that that has happened would be lead to wonder if there was a reason other than just needing more room that you did so. For example, another poster mentioned that he had a full-page visa sticker from Cambodia. Even if you are traveling on an e-visa, the immigration inspector upon arrival might detect a peeled-away page and wonder if it was a prior Camodian visa with something on it that you didn't want him to see.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by Steve M
I wouldn't do that either. "Getting in trouble" is the general problem. Specifically, any immigration officer that detects that that has happened would be lead to wonder if there was a reason other than just needing more room that you did so. For example, another poster mentioned that he had a full-page visa sticker from Cambodia. Even if you are traveling on an e-visa, the immigration inspector upon arrival might detect a peeled-away page and wonder if it was a prior Camodian visa with something on it that you didn't want him to see.
Exactly. What would you be trying to hide? In every passport it also states that it is the propoerty of the issuing government and must be surrendered upon request. Tampering with it in anyway is just looking for trouble IMHO.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I've only got three spaces left in my passport and will be traveling on March 03 to SYD. There is not enough time for anything but to make an appointment at the passport office in Los Angeles.

Would I be better off just showing up at the consulate in SYD on 05 March and asking that extra pages be added?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:36 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Would I be better off just showing up at the consulate in SYD on 05 March and asking that extra pages be added?
I completed this task in Tokyo with little hassle, I suspect the same can be accomplished in Sydney. Just make sure it is easy to get to, and possibly be prepared to come back the next day.

I showed up at 8am opening, went thru a security check, then asked to have it done, and said I was leaving later that day. They asked to see proof of leaving, otherwise they want 1 day turn around. I showed my iten, and it was done within 1 hour.

I thanked them and was on my way.

If you fill out the application in advance, and fill out 2 copies, you can have 2 sections added on. Might prevent going back in the future.

All the pages are of the new passport variety and do NOT match my circa 2000 passport.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:09 am

I have never removed a visa from my passport, however of the two I have from Kuwait, one has dried up and has come detached from the oriiginal page, while the second is halfway there.

Has any agency questioned the missing visa? No, not yet. I do keep the "missing" visa readily available, but i am concerned about loosing it.
Old May 10, 2009, 8:28 am

Thanks to Philippine Immigration, I am no longer concerned with my missing visa page.

Even though it was obvious there had been something affixed to this page prior, upon my entry into the Philippines last month, that page was stamped upon my entry, and again upon my exit.

At my arrival in Thailand, the Immigration Officer followed the lead of the Philippines Imigration and stamped also on my "page of concern", and again on my departure.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:29 am

Has anyone had pages added at the Embassy in Paris? Any problems?

Also, if I mail in the request for additional pages to the National passport Processing Center in Philly, is there a non PO box to send it to if I want to fedex it?

Originally Posted by boxo
Has anyone done this in SF? The SF Passport Agency page speaks only of those needing visas w/in 14 days of travel and appts are required. Would they let in someone who needs extra pages?!
old post, but from yelp it sounds like you can easily get in and get it done without an appointment.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-francisc...-san-francisco
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:22 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
To give another data point for those considering extra pages:

I recently sent my passport to get extra pages and here is the turnaround time:
7/13/09 sent passport from Los Angeles to Philadelphia by priority mail
7/28/09 receive email that passport is on the way back to me by priority mail

so, ~2 weeks turnaround.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Even if going in person to a consulate or embassy to get the extra pages, I assume you need to fill out the form, DS-4085? Assuming that is correct, I was going to fill out the form in advance and perhaps wait to sign it while in the office. But if no form is necessary to do this in person, then I won't bother.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Even if going in person to a consulate or embassy to get the extra pages, I assume you need to fill out the form, DS-4085? Assuming that is correct, I was going to fill out the form in advance and perhaps wait to sign it while in the office. But if no form is necessary to do this in person, then I won't bother.
I've had to fill out a form whenever I got pages added at a consulate.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Yes, that is the form. And you do need it filled out, even in person.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:59 pm

Fill out the form, required
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Any experiences at the NYC agency for getting extra pages? I've booked an appointment for the morning of my flight (8:30am appointment, 12:50am flight) so I should have enough time, but I'm curious if anyone knows if they can process it immediately or if I'll have to return later that same day to pick up the passport.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:03 am

Um, International is 24hr turn around.

In Usa it is 5-30 day turn around depending on need and demand.

Chook Dee

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.