Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

How many people have been to all 50 states?

Old May 27, 06, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier 50K elite, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.

Now now, don't be modest... Speak up!

Also, anyone out there been to, say, 40+ and have plans to go for the rest?

(BTW, IMO airport stops don't count!)
Old May 27, 06, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by RustyC
Now now, don't be modest... Speak up!

Also, anyone out there been to, say, 40+ and have plans to go for the rest?

(BTW, IMO airport stops don't count!)
I'm at 47 or 48. I don't remember if I've been to Ohio or not. Just need Arkansas and North Dakota.
Old May 27, 06, 2:19 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
I'm at about 40 now, which for a Brit visiting the USA about every 2 months is not bad
Old May 27, 06, 7:06 am
Suspended

I am at 41, will hit #42 next month... one day I will hit all 50.

BUT who has been to all the Canadian provinces and territories? {hint, hint - pick me}
Old May 27, 06, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I'd hit 40 by the time I was 10 (we took lots of road trips, I was in the back seat of a Peugeot); I've slowed down a lot since then, I'm still lacking 4 or 5. (N. Dak, ME, HI, AK... I'm not sure about SC)
Old May 27, 06, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
My wife is at 49 (pesky North Dakota) and I'm at 44. 6 yr old daughter is in the low 20's.
Old May 27, 06, 8:37 am

Programs: Peon in all
I'm at 47 - only WY, SD and AL to go! (Almost made WY, except for a snowstorm that made me miss my chance - in mid October! )
Old May 27, 06, 9:27 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
All 50!

I have managed to "visit" all 50 states. A couple were only a brief drive over the state line and back, but they still count.

Many, many road trips through my teens and twenties and a good deal of flying since. Hawaii and Alaska were the last ones I could check off.

I suppose the next level would be all 50 state capitals. There are many of those I have not seen.
Old May 27, 06, 9:58 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I've been to 48, I'm just missing SD and HI. I've got clients in both places, so my voice has been there, does that count?

How about all 50 states and as many territories as possible?
Old May 27, 06, 10:06 am

Programs: AA LT Plat
Just missing Hawaii!

My parents liked to throw us in the back of the station wagon and drive for our summer vacations(my mother was far too polite to haul a bunch of kids anywhere on an airplane) so I saw lots of America as a child.

Then with my kids, I had two competitive athletes, so we travelled lots with them.

Now my husband and I are in a project involving visiting all the MLB stadiums.

I plan to see Hawaii before I turn 50 however! I am thinking about a cruise, so I can see all the islands without having to pack every other night.
Old May 27, 06, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

my wife, VKER, was fortunate enough to take 2 very long Summer vacation road trips when she was young.

Her father worked in the steel business for years and had built up a huge amount of vacation.

Off in the truck camper they went.....mom, dad, brother, VKER, cat and dog to all states but Alaska and Hawaii.

We can only dream of that amount of vacation now.
Old May 27, 06, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (but still missing SPG)
Originally Posted by sonora
My parents liked to throw us in the back of the station wagon and drive for our summer vacations(my mother was far too polite to haul a bunch of kids anywhere on an airplane) so I saw lots of America as a child.

Then with my kids, I had two competitive athletes, so we travelled lots with them.

Now my husband and I are in a project involving visiting all the MLB stadiums.

I plan to see Hawaii before I turn 50 however! I am thinking about a cruise, so I can see all the islands without having to pack every other night.
As of last Thursday, I've attended games in 28 Major League Cities. 27 are current (not Montreal). I only have Miami, Tampa, and Washington to go. To bring me current on the stadiums, I would also need St. Louis and Detroit as I visited their old parks.

I've been stuck on 42 states for a while now. No visits to Alaska, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, or Wyoming.
Old May 27, 06, 12:50 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
yes, all 50 and the following territories and protectorates (present and past): Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Wake Island and Ryukyu Islands.
Old May 27, 06, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
I count state capitals. Been to 45 with plans to hit 3 this summer and the other two very soon.
Old May 27, 06, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Looks like a lot of us are missing one or the other Dakota. Maybe we need a DakotaDo- can we book an open jaw, into BIS and out of PIR? Rent a party boat to take us down the Missouri between them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: