Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

How many people have been to all 50 states?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many people have been to all 50 states?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MotownMan
Do all 50 states have passenger train service? I would think some don't, but a casual google search suggests otherwise.
Hawaii doesn't. Amtrak also doesn't stop in Wyoming or South Dakota and maybe a few more states that I'm not thinking of. I guess you can always hop a freight though.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
C:
Are there still trains running in HI? I remember seeing track in Hilo and Big Island to move sugar and other produce to the port. They look very overgrown in 2011 when I last Island hopped.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
Hawaii doesn't. Amtrak also doesn't stop in Wyoming or South Dakota and maybe a few more states that I'm not thinking of. I guess you can always hop a freight though.
Youre spot on. Wyoming, S Dakota, Alaska, and Hawaii. However, you can ride a train in all 50 states of course.

http://www.travelgoalgetter.com/visi...l#.VTxdJYb3arU
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: none
No Amtrak in Alaska, but they do have trains within the state. ANC to/from Denali, for example.

And yes, it IS possible to go from Alaska to Canada and back. Skagway to White Pass.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
Maybe this list should be amended to staying at least one night in all 50 states, just to eliminate the change planes at airport "visitors".
I've stayed in the vast majority of my 44 (and DC). I'm not going back to Kansas though. Spent enough time there without sleeping, I will not return (not knocking KS for those who live there, I just had a particularly long, boring, and not fun time there).

Picking up #45 in August.

Last edited by MissJ; Apr 28, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Today I finally made it to #50--Montana. Yeah! I'm driving from Bozeman to Yellowstone tomorrow.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:23 am

I'm done with all 50 as well. Saved Hawaii for last and was just there a few weeks ago. Good choice to save for last. We had a great time.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by catbox9
Baseball has really helped my travel plans. I've been to every current MLB stadium, 2 World Series Games, an All-Star Game, and seen MLB games in Sydney. .....
I am missing 9 states - mainly the Midwest plus Montana. But, my BF is also into baseball stadiums - maybe I need to start planning weekend trips to knock off my states and his stadium list.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
I've been to all 50. Once I got into the mid-30s, and realized I hadn't been to Nevada, I put it off until last to celebrate completing all 50 in Las Vegas. My 49th, and technically my last (I would have gone to Nevada sooner) was South Carolina.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I hit 50 last year. Alaska was my last state.

I've not slept in 7 of those states (Alaska - cruise, Idaho, Montana, South Carolina, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming), but I've seen things in all of them I could talk about.

My defunct MLB ballpark list is 12 now and I've been to 29 of the current 30 (Atlanta opened this year and I haven't been yet).
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by RichMSN
My defunct MLB ballpark list is 12 now and I've been to 29 of the current 30 (Atlanta opened this year and I haven't been yet).
I have been there.

You are not missing much...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have been there.

Still, need to go. Thinking about making a day trip. Or at most, a night at an airport hotel.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Regarding, Atlanta's new stadium

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have been there.

this was my first MLB stadium and the parking situation is terrible! Most of the restaurants weren't opened, so the lines for the couple that were opened were incredibly long. Besides that, it seemed like a regular stadium to me.

My BF collects all baseball stadiums (including minor leagues and college baseball). I already floated a plan to start working on my 9 states & 3 provinces by adding in baseball stadium trips. He has been to most of the 9 states that I am missing, but if it means new stadiums, he is on board.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Except for some teachers' kids and some people working for the federal government or national political campaigns who have mentioned their domestic US travels, I don't recall meeting many people who have been or have likely been to all fifty US states.

Of those not meeting the above characteristics, has anyone on FT even hit at least one airport in each of the 50 US states?

I'm just a few states short of 50.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 29, 2017 at 6:23 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Except for some teachers' kids and some people working for the federal government or national political campaigns who have mentioned their domestic US travels, I don't recall meeting many people who have been or have likely been to all fifty US states.

Of those not meeting the above characteristics, has anyone on FT even hit at least one airport in each of the 50 US states?

I'm just a few states short of 50.
I've been to all 50 states. Interesting you ask about airports, as I keep a list of those, too.

None in Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, South Carolina, Vermont, or Wyoming. So airports in 39 states.

Been to a total of 85 domestic airports (8 in California, 6 in New York, 6 in Pennsylvania, 6 in Texas) and 15 outside the US for a current total of 100 airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.