Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

How many people have been to all 50 states?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many people have been to all 50 states?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2006, 9:39 pm

I have been to 42 so far, still missing ID,OK,SD,NE,HI,AK,KY,IA.
Old May 29, 2006, 4:55 am
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Talking

All 50.
Old May 29, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
What's the point?

Does it come up in conversation? (without you bringing it up?)
Pretty simple task if you think about it. Get in a motor home and take off.

Layover at airport doesn't count, but toe tap does? Naw.

What's the shortest amount of time to complete the 50?
Any speculation?
Old May 29, 2006, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Over half of them...
Old May 29, 2006, 10:24 am

Programs: DL
I marked off 50 with Alaska last summer.

Not a single minute of business travel, either.

A couple of years ago I was trying to find a vacation spot. I pulled out a map and tried to figure out where I'd been. I realized I'd been to maybe 41 states at that point, although I'd never really thought about it.

That summer, I went to Washington (whale watching in Seattle), Oregon (rafting), Montana (ranch in Kalispel), West Virginia (rafting again) and Arkansas (visited my grandmother in La., we drove over the border and got a Coke. She died two months later, so that was my last trip with her).

Over the fall, I hit South Dakota, then the winter was Oklahoma and Indiana, and Alaska in the summer.

So yeah, once I realized how few states I was missing I did make an effort to get to them all.

Next up is to eat a meal in the few states I pretty much just crossed the border - Wyoming, Idaho and Kansas.

Provinces: Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, PEI, Alberta, BC.
Old May 29, 2006, 11:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA
I'm at 46 so far. Missing both Dakotas, Minn. and AK. I have also been to P.R. but not Guam or Saipan.

David
Old May 29, 2006, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I've been to 44.
Missing:
ND
SD
MT
AR
NB
WY
Old May 29, 2006, 6:37 pm
tgw

I've hit all 50.

It comes as no surprise that my last one to complete was Alaska and my shortest stay was in North Dakota.
Old May 29, 2006, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I'm at 44

I still need South Carolina, Ohio, the Dakotas, Montana and Alaska.

I was disappointed to learn *after* changing planes in Cincinnati that the airport is actually in Kentucky.
Old May 29, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Well I dont have that much with only twenty but i plan to do a five more this summer and then i will be halfway there
Old May 29, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I've Been to 48 States

I've not been to North Dakota or Alaska; I'm hoping to get to North Dakota to visit a client later this summer. I'm not sure how I can fit a trip to Alaska into my schedule.
Old May 29, 2006, 7:40 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Platinum
We visited Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine this weekend to get me to 43. Part of the reason was my quest to reach all 50. We had a great time in Burlington, Portsmouth and Portland.

The 7 remaining are North & South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Arkansas & Alaska.
Old May 29, 2006, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I've only been to 25, but spent most of my time living in SAN and DEN, so had little desire to go anywhere else.
Old May 29, 2006, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Hmmm...maybe there's an idea here for North Dakota promoting tourism. "See all 50...visit North Dakota. If for no other reason."

Alaska actually has done a new campaign with billboards & a license plate reading B4UDIE. Their research showed a lot of people wanted to go there at some time in their lives.

AK and ND are good examples of places where it might be wise to spend miles rather than dollars to get there. I'm surprised they don't work that into their messages more, especially AK. Fly-drive trips to ANC are generally much more do-able and less expensive than 10-15 years ago, but I'm not sure the general awareness has caught on to that.
Old May 30, 2006, 12:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
50....i've been in 49 on business [no ak]....maybe i should try to count the number excluding business trips... ndak, sdak, idaho, come to mind...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.