Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

American and European on one booking - possible issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, just curious. A friend of mine, EU citizen, usually gets a lot of questions at the U.S. border when he travels on his ESTA. He has always been admitted though. We are planning a trip together to the U.S. soon. Could there be any possible (immigration) problems for me or him if we are on the same airline booking? We both hold different passport (EU and US).

It just may be more convenient to have one booking but if anyone thinks we'd be better off having separate bookings I will do that then.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Should be fine. I've travelled with spouse and daughter who are US citizens and me as a Brit on the same reservation many times.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
International couples (my own case included) are very common so this isn't exactly a rare occurrence.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys. The problem is that we are not a family. We are just friends, of the same gender. I wonder if that changes anything ...
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It changes nothing.

You will both be processed based on your individiual circumstances. You won't get asked any additional questions because your traveling companion has an EU passport and he won't get an easier time because you have a US one.

If he's getting a lot of questions whenever he arrives into the US perhaps he should look into getting a redress number as it's possible his details match someone on a watch list.
LupineChemist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.