Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

How Are D.C. Politicians Traveling These Days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Are they using commercial flights? Are they using commercial flights that are mostly cargo? I read the other day the Hawaiian Representative, Gabbard flew in the we hours to D.C. from HNL. Commercial? Charter? Who pays travel expenses (I know) but I mean where is this charged, to Congressman's travel account or elsewhere.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Unless it's senior leadership - Pelosi and McConnell - Reps and Senators fly commercial. If they're flying private, they're paying for it.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Most US Senators and House members who fly do most of their flying on scheduled commercial carriers. There are some exceptions, but they have always been a tiny fraction even amongst the millionaire Senators.

Senate majority leader and House speaker are the primary exception when it comes to their home constituency-related commutes, but even they are to be seen flying out of DCA or IAD at times.

Could Gabbard have hopped on a military flight of some sort that was going anyway? Possibly, but she couldn’t pull that off on her own.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 28, 2020 at 2:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.