Reload this Page >

best state in USA to see grizzly bears

Old Nov 17, 19, 1:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hey guys!

What's the best state in the US to go nature watching? I particularly want to see grizzly bears in their natural environment. Is it safe to do so and are there guides who can help you out?
Old Nov 17, 19, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by kb5588 View Post
Hey guys!

What's the best state in the US to go nature watching? I particularly want to see grizzly bears in their natural environment. Is it safe to do so and are there guides who can help you out?
Tough one. Grizzlies really are not known for their tourist visits. Alaska is probably your best bet.
Old Nov 17, 19, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hey guys!

In the USA, Alaska. In Alaska some of the best places are not easily booked as spaces are allocated to tour companies or available on a lottery system. Kodiak Island has the biggest Brown Bears (aka Grizzly Bears) and possibly is the most common place to see them.

A tour company with a great reputation offering bear and other trips is Natural Habitat Adventures (allied with World Wildlife Fund). They offer several Brown Bear trips in Alaska, as well as brilliant Polar Bear Trip’s in upper Manitoba, Canada. (We were more than pleased with our Nat Hab Polar Bear adventure some years ago,)
Old Nov 17, 19, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
As mentioned, Alaska They were pretty much (if not totally) extirpated from the "lower 48" otherwise. A history buff friend on mine once showed me a book about California history, that had a picture of the last grizzly (ironically the animal on the state flag) killed in the state.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Hey guys!

Alaska

in the lower 48.. Montana going to glacier and Yellowstone.
Old Nov 20, 19, 6:29 am

There are great Safari Locations to see Grizzly Bears
  • Katmai National Park. If you want to see grizzly bears in the wild, Katmai National Park is one of the best places in the world to see them.
  • Kodiak National Park. Of all the bears in North America, none are as extraordinary as those in Kodiak.
  • Wrangell St Elias National Park.
  • Knight Inlet.
  • Great Bear Rainforest

Old Jan 2, 20, 8:08 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Fill Mortan View Post

There are great Safari Locations to see Grizzly Bears
  • Katmai National Park. If you want to see grizzly bears in the wild, Katmai National Park is one of the best places in the world to see them.
    • Kodiak National Park. Of all the bears in North America, none are as extraordinary as those in Kodiak.
      • Wrangell St Elias National Park.
        • Knight Inlet.
          • Great Bear Rainforest
my sister on a trip to Alaska driving from jasper into northern BC..I’m unsure where she was but the found a bunch just along the roadthey were driving. It might have been near great Baer rainforest.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: