Wiki Posts
Search

Visiting a U.S. territory on a P3 visa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Visiting a U.S. territory on a P3 visa

Hi, would be in the US for about 40 days on a work run. Would be there on a P3 visa (which is a Performer/ Artist Visa). These are typically given for the duration of your tour in the US and is Single Entry.

Have some off time between shows and was hoping to travel around a bit. Was wondering if i would be able to travel to Hawaii, Guam and Puerto Rico on this visa. I understand all the three said places are US TERRITORIES/ STATES . Wondering when flying from a US city to any of the 3 above places, if there's immigration on departure or is it considered a local (domestic flight) ?

Any inputs on the same appreciated
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Don’t know how Guam is handled. As for Puerto Rico and Hawaii, it’ll be like flying to anywhere else in the US - not a problem.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Don’t know how Guam is handled. As for Puerto Rico and Hawaii, it’ll be like flying to anywhere else in the US - not a problem.
Thank you SEA-Flyer for the info. Was contemplating the Island Hopper and hence Guam comes into the picture.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by quarryking
Thank you SEA-Flyer for the info. Was contemplating the Island Hopper and hence Guam comes into the picture.
HNL-GUM: No USCBP checks.
GUM-HNL: USCBP pre-flight check to ensure admissibility to 50US.
Island Hopper: All points between HNL and GUM are foreign countries. Definitely a no-no!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
HNL-GUM: No USCBP checks.
GUM-HNL: USCBP pre-flight check to ensure admissibility to 50US.
Island Hopper: All points between HNL and GUM are foreign countries. Definitely a no-no!
I have a valid B2 visa as well (which is a Multiple Entry Tourist visa). Must try and probably do the island run at the end of mt work tour so that there are no work-based re-entry issues.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Hawaii is one of the fifty states that comprise the United States. Traveling from any state to Hawaii is the same as traveling to any other state.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.