Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit via the US as a dual citizen

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Transit via the US as a dual citizen

Looking to book YYZ-IAD-PEK. Sort of last minute, normally would fly YYZ-PEK, but going through IAD is significantly cheaper this time around and the savings cannot be ignored.

I'm a dual Canadian and US citizen. Chinese visa is in my Canadian passport. Can I check in with United with my Canadian passport and then present a US passport to CBP? I vaguely remember that scanning your passport at the CBP kiosk it automatically pulls up your flight info, since I won't be presenting the US passport to United, is that going to cause an issue?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:00 pm

If the kiosk doesn't match your API, an officer will sort it out. Not a big deal.
seawolf and Lost like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iamflyer
If the kiosk doesn't match your API, an officer will sort it out. Not a big deal.
Agreed. Not a big deal at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.