Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT! Lost Passport, Traveling from NYC to Aruba Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

URGENT! Lost Passport, Traveling from NYC to Aruba Tomorrow

Just as the title says, I misplaced my passport and leave for Aruba tomorrow from NYC. What are my options?

qav337
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Unless you find your passport. you in most likelihood will NOT be leaving for Aruba tomorrow. No passport = no int'l flight. Unlike for domestic flights and a missing ID, there are no exceptions to this rule. You need to apply for an emergency replacement passport. Contact the passport office or go to their website to see what the expedited options are. You may be able to get it done in a small number of days, but probably not by tomorrow.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve M
Unless you find your passport. you in most likelihood will NOT be leaving for Aruba tomorrow. No passport = no int'l flight. Unlike for domestic flights and a missing ID, there are no exceptions to this rule. You need to apply for an emergency replacement passport. Contact the passport office or go to their website to see what the expedited options are. You may be able to get it done in a small number of days, but probably not by tomorrow.
Thank you for your reply. Do I have to contact the New York Passport Agency? I live in NYC, which is where it is located.
Please confirm.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
"Get a passport in a hurry":

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ort/hurry.html
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by qav337
Thank you for your reply. Do I have to contact the New York Passport Agency? I live in NYC, which is where it is located.
Please confirm.
Yes, but they won't be open until Tuesday.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Find your passport. You could get one if you were a government official traveling on official business (personal experience), but otherwise I think Tuesday is probably the earliest you can get it.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:11 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by qav337
Just as the title says, I misplaced my passport and leave for Aruba tomorrow from NYC. What are my options?

qav337
Welcome to FlyerTalk, qav337 and sorry to hear about your situation.

As it seems like you're looking to replace a US passport, we will move your thread over to the USA forum. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.